What’s The Most Quarters You Found In One Hole ?

I was doing my best to find something at a school that I could tell that someone had been there before me.I’d get a hit on a coin here and there but so far it was nothing to get excited about.

I should have told you from the start I was swinging my MX Sport with the 6X10 DD coil. I’ve had this coil from way back when but it was my first time out with it.

I was swinging that coil in hopes they had to over look something. Oh I had found one quarter with a few pennies but nothing to write home about. How little did I know that my next swing was going to give me a big attitude adjustment that I needed so bad.

Bless that Sport it sounded off with a ID on the high side of ever being a quarter.After pinpointing with the Sport I pulled out my TRX with a better pinpoint on whatever it was. Much to my surprise out pop a quarter. I didn’t probe any further because I wanted to see what the ID level was now if anything else was in there . The ID level had drop but yet not where a quarter would read. Well the TRX went to work again and as before out pop another quarter.

By now my day had reached a new high and it was something still in that hole. I repeated what I’d done before and believe it or not before it was over I’d done it again.

The question I was going to ask in the beginning is have you ever found 4 quarters in the same hole? In about a 4 foot circle around the quarters I found 6 pennies too.

I have found more than a dollar in change in one hole but never 4 quarters.

That 6X10 DD coil from White’s is a great coin and I plan to keep it on for a while. I have the 6” concentric coil and 7” DD that I have been using but why buy something if you’re not going to give it a try.

Chuck

Boy you hit the jackpot on that one.

I meet a guy at this old town that had been washed away in the 18 hundreds by storms on the coast and he found 18 silver dollars wrap up in a old oil cloth. The best I could do at a later date was find a silver half in great condition.

Chuck

10 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

The best I could do at a later date was find a silver half in great condition.

I'd take a silver half over a bag of modern quarters any day.

Here was a good one for me. I’d hunted this old Fair grounds too many times to count that last one that a Fair was 1945. I’d never hunted under this huge bush and I was pushing the coil under it as around it I went. After it was over I had found 5 seated liberty dimes under that one bush.

Chuck