Gold Monster Covers First Production Run

Doc

I got the first few covers from the production run of Gold Monster Covers I designed.  I got a limited amount sent to me before the bulk of them will be shipped.  It will take about 30 days to get the bulk of the production run, but I am really happy with the way they have turned out.  The Gold Monster cover is made of a tough Green canvas with a neoprene lining to offer protection to the detector.  I also designed a cord wrap, that closes with a hook and loop strip.  I designed this to protect the coil cable and allow you to secure that cable without using that plastic cable pinch that has been molded into the vertical support.  First it is very hard to get the coil cable in and out of that little plastic pinch, and second I am afraid over time you may damage the coil wiring.  The wrap allows you to easily change the coil and not be pinch that cable all the time.

This thing was a real bear to design because of all the weird angles.  I think the testimony to the difficulty of the design is that I don't think anyone else has designed a cover for this machine yet.

See the pictures.

Doc

20180814_153443.thumb.jpg.60e805500cb711433801210ddff07f16.jpg

20180814_153537.thumb.jpg.a9a7ead02c3ab9b6a55c15188a32de2d.jpg

20180814_153619.thumb.jpg.e1a8ce6e035a6b51fda7d99c78e0e475.jpg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ophirboy said:

This is a cover available in Australia , but the neoprene one looks very nice and covers the speaker and jack as well . The Aussie one covers the control panel and is Velcro tied at the yoke. 

7DE5261B-8DDF-4BE2-AFA9-CC6B3DAA5857.jpeg

Well they got the fit looking good.  I am a bit adverse to black because it absorbs too much heat.  Green seems to be the color of choice next to CAMO when I polled users.  Detectorists are a stealthy bunch.

There are some other features I included in my design.  I don't like covers that shift around.  So on the side panels, on the inside I stitched a tab of "HOOK" material on each interior side.  Then I supply the opposing "LOOP" tab with a peel off adhesive back so you can mount that on the edge of the detector.  That way the cover locks onto the detector, via the hook and loop and prevents the cover from shifting.

Doc

4 hours ago, phrunt said:

I'd like one but I can only assume the postage cost to NZ would make it not viable.  They look good.

Phrunt $13 USD to ship to NZ.

Doc

9 minutes ago, phrunt said:

We could combine shipping John

Actually it's the same price $13 for shipping 2 as it is for 1.  1 ounce through 8 ounce is $13  They weigh about 3 oz each.  So combining orders would be the way to go.

Doc

• Like 2