I Had A Great Day With The Nox 600 Today

Dan(NM)

14 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

Great haul!  You just never know what you'll find.  If we hit a HR every time out it wouldn't be nearly as fun when we come across a site like this.  Another beautiful Walker..., can hardly wait to find mine.

Thanks for showing the dates on the Wheaties.  A little fuzzy -- what is the far left one on row 2 and the far right on row 3?  (I'm hoping 1933-D and 1931-S respectively.  Think positive!)

I can't tell either, I tossed em in with my pile of other wheaties, I'll have to wait until the end of the year when I go though em ?

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Dan(NM) said:

Thank you.

Park 1...2-tones...1st break -9 thru 11 pitch set to 1... recovery 3 ....Iron bias 0 ...sens 18....  Second and 3rd passes I ran Field 2, same settings.  Minelab received my 800 yesterday, I haven't heard when they will be shipping it back.

Dan - thanks for the info.  Doesn't look like the reduced number and range of the recovery speed settings or tone settings on the 600 held you back at all.  Good to know.  I have a 600 as a dedicated "salt water" machine on an Anderson rod and it backs up my 800.  I like that combo.

• Like 1

Holy smokes, Dan, what a hunt!!!!

CONGRATS!!

That token looks like it could possibly be a sales tax token; Oklahoma or Alabama possibly; I'd say definitely made of aluminum...

Steve

9 hours ago, steveg said:

Holy smokes, Dan, what a hunt!!!!

CONGRATS!!

That token looks like it could possibly be a sales tax token; Oklahoma or Alabama possibly; I'd say definitely made of aluminum...

Steve

Thanks Steve, no doubt the token is aluminum and a trade token. The only word I can make out is trade, it's very worn for a token.

• 2 months later...

Hey guys, just joined as I stumbled across the site. I currently run a pro and a gold. It appears this site is Minelab heavy. I seem to have not been able to break a plateau lately and have honestly questioned the machines? After reading the post on the nox 600 I must say I'm very interested. I know this may seem like a dumb question and it's probably in the site somewhere, but I'm still learning to navigate this forum; so what makes the Nox so much better than the AT platforms? Any response is greatly appreciated!

9 hours ago, Cruces Cory said:

Hey guys, just joined as I stumbled across the site. I currently run a pro and a gold. It appears this site is Minelab heavy. I seem to have not been able to break a plateau lately and have honestly questioned the machines? After reading the post on the nox 600 I must say I'm very interested. I know this may seem like a dumb question and it's probably in the site somewhere, but I'm still learning to navigate this forum; so what makes the Nox so much better than the AT platforms? Any response is greatly appreciated!

Welcome Cory, where are you located?  Going by your name, are you in Las Cruses, NM?  If you are, my hunting buddy lives there and hunts with a Equinox 800 if you want to see one in action. Again, welcome to the forum.

Hello Dan,

I live in El Paso. But, born and raised in Cruces. Still go 2-3 times a month to see the family. I have always been interested in the Minelab machines so this forum has been a wealth of information from what I've read so far. I primarily dig all over NM. I saw your post at the Dolan house. We too got permission from the couple there. Must say they are great people, we haven't made it up there again though. I'm agree I thought you guys would have found a lot more right there. But the thrill is in the hunt and at least you guys got to do it!

• Like 1