High Gb Readings When Transitioning From Saltwater To Dry Beach

sdbirder

I've noticed when I transition from submerged saltwater to bone dry beach my ground balance will shoot up into the 50-70's until the coil drys up. My quandary, should I trust this reading or manually set it at what I know the dry beach is (usually is 0 to 7)? I've tried both and it doesn't seem to matter much, but then there's always the fear of missing something due to an incorrect setting and I just wanted to confirm the best practice.

Thanks in advance!

Thats why i leave mine set at the default GB.   You know as well as i do its a pain hunting near the water..... you can find yourself going back and forth from beach 1 and 2.   Also....... you will notice beach 1 and 2 have difference GBs..... about 10 digits different in the same spot.   I think i loose a little depth when using tracking....... and if you manually GB.... wheres the best place to do that..... dry/wet or in the water.  I prefer the default of 0 just because i hear the changing conditions ..... fuffy sand to hard pad mineral chatter.   There just isnt going to be a right GB setting on a beach if you hunt the whole beach.   The question might be..... how much difference does the GB make and on what size gold...... how much depth or sensitivity will i loose or gain.......on small gold or large gold?   Chances are you are going to loose it on one end or the other.