WW2 Red Cross Pin

Shown here with some other high conductors from tonight's outing. I found this with the Equinox at a site that is no stranger to a FBS or two.

I'm not sure what the thing in the back is, any ideas? It says "50 feet" on it, I'm thinking it could be from a fishing reel.

The black copper band, I don't know what it is, but it has characteristics of native jewelry fashioned from colonial metals that I have found around here in the past. With this site, if you can't ID it you keep it, nothing goes in the garbage unless I'm sure what it is.

Last but not least is the Sterling WWII Red Cross pin. "Womens War Work C.R.C.S." (Canadian Red Cross Society) There was a war hospital just across the water from this location, so I have a hunch this may have something to do with that lol. It's kind of a cool find because up until tonight the only evidence left of the hospital existing that I'm aware of is in the form of black and white images, now I have a cool relic that I can hold in my hand.

Red Cross.jpg

• Like 1

Could that be a handle from one of those chalk snap line tools ?

• Like 1

I have a 100ft. roll up cloth tape that has a handle like that.  GaryC/Oregon Coast

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GaryC/Oregon Coast said:

I have a 100ft. roll up cloth tape that has a handle like that.  GaryC/Oregon Coast

I agree I have a couple of 100' and 50'  tape measures that have a folding handles just like what you have found.

Love the Red Cross pin!

• Like 1

• The title was changed to WW2 Red Cross Pin