Eqx 06 Coil Review For Gold Prospecting

Lunk

Link, 

Good job with Eke...

i tried my luck with the 11” coil yesterday on an old scraped very trashy push and had to turn the sensitivity way down to 12 just to operate it here in WA.

im going to have to read up on how to set one up for gold....

i don’t know if the 11 will cut the mustard for nugget hunting....unless they were at least solid half half framers. I liked the detector a lot for the beach last fall. 

I would love to be able to use it in these trashy areas where no one will detect.

cheers

• Like 2

Good afternoon, Paul,

Although they’re still hard to come by, it sounds like you’d have a better go with the 6-inch coil, as it sees less ground than the 11-inch. Good  luck out there!

• Like 2

Great review AND great gold, Lunk! I only have the Nox 600....wonder how Park 2 or Field 2 with 6” coil would do on gold? Any thoughts? Thx!

• Thanks 1

Thanks Peg. Steve already posted what you’re looking for a couple of months ago here:

Further on down in his post, he has  an excellent bit about how to set up the EQX 600 for gold nugget detecting.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the report Lunk. Just got mine in the other day. I'll be trying it soon in the parks and relic areas. 

strick

• Thanks 1

The 6" coil is a winner for sure. Thanks for the report Lunk!

Paul, the 11" works fine. There is nothing wrong using a sensitivity setting of 12. An Equinox with the sensitivity set so that the machine is stable will outperform some other units that run stable at full sensitivity levels. Just because a sensitivity setting is at 50% of max does not mean the machine is getting half the performance of other machines running full out. It just means they have a lower gain level to start with.

Personally even with the small coil I prefer stable settings. The last location where I worked the Equinox I was able to scrub the ground just like running a Gold Bug 2 while in Gold Mode and sensitivity set at 18. Once on the gold I may go higher, but don't be surprised if hot rocks pop and coil knock sensitivity increases at higher sensitivity levels.

• Like 4

• The title was changed to Eqx 06 Coil Review For Gold Prospecting

Oh Lunk.....you broke my heart with that 1st nugget photo, so cool.  Fabulous report and sharing of the Hot Rocks too.  Seeing the tiny pickers pulled from the same site as you used your other machines certainly attests to the NOX capabilities.  Now if I can get some more coils in, I'll be able to put a few more smiles on customers faces.

Keep it up my friend.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1