Yes It Is A Gold Detector, But Diamonds Are A Bonus

So did he have to dig it all Gerry or was there a secret setting? Was this a swim area find or in a park on land ? Hopefully lady luck will give me a chance next 5 days with some freshwater lake hunting.  I will get one day in the mid seventies after all the heat this summer. At least we don't have forest fires in the Midwest to deal with, thank goodness.

-Tom V.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Yes It Is A Gold Detector, But Diamonds Are A Bonus

Tvanwho, I don't think it was a water find and pretty sure it was land.  Good luck on your hunt.

Unfortunately for me, my car broke down and cost  $1200 dollars to fix, but I did make it to the swim beach/campground.

My detectors worked perfect as well as my heavily modified Babbs Beach brute sand scoop, but I only recovered a measly $1.65

in coins and no jewelry. It didn't exactly help that the owner was pulling a rake behind a tractor to groom the beaches. That wasn't so bad but then I noticed he was using his front end loader to remove sand from the shallow swim areas where the goodies tend to be and piling this sand elsewhere? Then he was moving  a pile of new sand into those shallow swim areas....And one beach was loaded with stringers of black sand which forced me to turn down the Sens on my Headhunter Diver detector. I tried to pan some of the black sand but no color showed up. Oh well, at least it was a nice day and nobody hassled me there..

I will post a photo of my sand scoop later...

• Like 1