Nokta Amphibian - A Waterproof Impact?

Pictures leaked at this Italian website and elsewhere have been floating around the last few months. The Nokta Anfibio is basically what you would get if you crossed a Nokta Impact with a Makro Multi Kruzer. Besides being waterproof the new model has an external wrap coil cable instead of the internal routing used on the Impact. The prototype pictured is from March however and changes may be made before release so take all that with a grain of salt.

Use Google translate to read the page in English (or whatever).

I would expect this model to be released officially at Detectival in September.

and it happens..... 9/20/18 New Nokta Anfibio metal detector announced

nokta-anfibio-amphibian-waterproff-metal
Nokta Anfibio selectable frequency waterproof metal detector

After having the Impact and now the Multi Kruzer, I don't see that the Anfibio will offer anything additional that is needed or necessary for fresh water or land hunting that the MMK doesn't already have. But then again I've been wrong before, like the time I thought I was wrong but I wasn't ?

• Haha 1

I see no mention of multi-freq so that would beg the question of the difference between it and the MMK.  Maybe waterproof to a greater depth?  Seems like a lot of money in R&D to mostly replicate what already exists in their line up.   Plus with the Turkish Lira taking a beating the profit margin will be negatively "impacted". ?

Makro and Nokta are doing the General Motors / Chevrolet thing with two separate but similar product lines. Another example in the industry is First Texas (Bounty Hunter, Fisher, Teknetics). Rather then it being a case of spending R&D dollars to duplicate what you already have, it is a way of getting more bang for the buck out of an R&D dollar by having it apply to multiple product lines.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I believe Dilek has talked about the Amphibio a bit already on a pod cast, so this is no great secret. 

I expect Nokta to introduce their new lineup later this week at Detectival.  I'm expecting the older FORS CoRe and Relic detectors to be retired soon and replaced by newer light weight water resistant versions with rechargeable battery systems. And the intro of the new Amphibio. Thinking it is likely to be a water resistant, lightweight, version of the impact with a few less modes. 

Not much longer to wait. 

Rich (Utah)