Hidden Menus And Features In Minelab Fbs And V-series Whites Machines

Apparently there's a hidden analysis screen in the FBS machines that lead one to a spectrograph of sorts. Much like the V3i which has features hidden away from the end user, supposedly the analysis screen can be accessed via a button sequence that is yet to be discovered. 

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?p=1912446IMG_0686.thumb.PNG.58fdbd102b421fbfb6eb13c18438e85a.PNG

If you read through the thread, I'm iDetectorX in the last post. If this is a spectrograph it does tend to confirm what Geotech has been telling us all along, that FBS is actually a 2 frequency system in terms of what is actually demodulated and processed, which would be a better explanation in my view as to why it never made it to the end user. In any event, I think it would be an interesting challenge to try to access these hidden item. I'm actually in the process now of doing some experiments with 2 V3s and a V3i, but FBS machines interest me as well.

....ah, forbidden fruit.

• Like 2

The v3i has a ground ‘tracking’ screen. I have used it, but didn’t find it particularly helpful. I don’t have the manual or unit available at the moment. If I remember right, enter the expert menu (menu twice), then display, live search screen and the analyze. It’s one of the top options. There may have been other way of getting there.... might have been one of the custom programs.