Grey Ghost Headphones For Equinox Available Soon?

Darwoody

FYI the Kellyco LS Pelso headphones had bad connectors and have been pulled by Kellyco.  I'm told they are awaiting a 2nd shipment with modified connectors.  Frankly I think Steve is right, better to go with the ML headphones until a reliable alternative presents itself.  DetectorPro would do well to send Steve a set of their new Grey Ghosts to test.

Bill

On 8/30/2018 at 11:09 AM, Bill (S. CA) said:

FYI the Kellyco LS Pelso headphones had bad connectors and have been pulled by Kellyco.  I'm told they are awaiting a 2nd shipment with modified connectors.  Frankly I think Steve is right, better to go with the ML headphones until a reliable alternative presents itself.  DetectorPro would do well to send Steve a set of their new Grey Ghosts to test.

Bill

They are still available for sale on their website and they have not contacted buyers that there is a problem.  So...?

1 hour ago, Chase Goldman said:

They are still available for sale on their website and they have not contacted buyers that there is a problem.  So...?

I'll find out next week when my pair arrive.

• Like 2

Kellyco called me a couple days ago about my LS Pelsos and the connector.  Yes they are bad and they are offering to do some modification to them to make them work.

I DO NOT have the Equinox version of them though.  I have the ones for the Multi Kruzer...but they did call me about them.  The problem, at least for the Multi Kruzer...was that the headphones do not work if you are using the external waterproof battery power pack. If you do not use the battery pack accessory, the headphones work fine when plugged into the detector's headphone jack.

It is possible that this problem may have been reported on the forums for the Kruzer and that people are intrepreting it to be for the Nox as well.  Or it could be a similar problem with the Nox....I'm not sure.  

• Like 1

On 9/1/2018 at 5:02 AM, Daniel Tn said:

Kellyco called me a couple days ago about my LS Pelsos and the connector.  Yes they are bad and they are offering to do some modification to them to make them work.

I DO NOT have the Equinox version of them though.  I have the ones for the Multi Kruzer...but they did call me about them.  The problem, at least for the Multi Kruzer...was that the headphones do not work if you are using the external waterproof battery power pack. If you do not use the battery pack accessory, the headphones work fine when plugged into the detector's headphone jack.

It is possible that this problem may have been reported on the forums for the Kruzer and that people are intrepreting it to be for the Nox as well.  Or it could be a similar problem with the Nox....I'm not sure.  

Thanks.  You cleared that up for me.  I have had no problems with my Equinox version Pelsos.  Great all purpose/all weather/all terrain phones.  Not for detecting while diving though.

Here’s a test that RustyGold did on the volume output of the Minelab Waterproof HP for the Equinox at TreasureNet.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/equinox/586662-testing-db-output-minelab-waterproof-headphones.html

It seems the dB output was in the acceptable range so the volume output will vary from pair to pair. Vferrari test shows that his pair had a lower dB output than the ones Rusty tested.

There has been a huge surge in people using their smart phones as Db readers for headphone volume. I may be to blame for that since I was one of the first to start it for volume comparisons and now it seems as if everyone is doing it and getting different numbers.  I think two of the big probles are the downloadable Apps are different and the phones are diff too.  I can download two or three Db apps and get quite a spread between each program.  One might peak a target at 50 and another app peak the same target at 75.  Then there's also differences in phone microphones, etc.  Some have calibration offsets and some do not.  One App I downloaded was already reading steady 15-20 Db readings by doing nothing and was giving the loudest/highest readings of all the apps.  I assume it was adding the 15-20 to whatever reading I was actually getting.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Daniel Tn said:

There has been a huge surge in people using their smart phones as Db readers for headphone volume. I may be to blame for that since I was one of the first to start it for volume comparisons and now it seems as if everyone is doing it and getting different numbers.  I think two of the big probles are the downloadable Apps are different and the phones are diff too.  I can download two or three Db apps and get quite a spread between each program.  One might peak a target at 50 and another app peak the same target at 75.  Then there's also differences in phone microphones, etc.  Some have calibration offsets and some do not.  One App I downloaded was already reading steady 15-20 Db readings by doing nothing and was giving the loudest/highest readings of all the apps.  I assume it was adding the 15-20 to whatever reading I was actually getting.

Daniel

I have not tried the apps, using my sound level meter (radio shack) with a nickel as the target I get 54db on the non piezo Hungarian phones.  Sens 20 volume 4, 2 tone vol 10 and pitch 20.

I made it pretty clear in my post the readings were not calibrated for the actual dB numbers but merely for side-by-side comparison purposes using an identical setup for each pair of phones I tested.  User to user comparisons of actual dB readings should be avoided for this very reason (variability in test setup, hardware, and software used).