Grey Ghost Headphones For Equinox Available Soon?

Darwoody

It seems to me everyone is assuming it’s the Minelab phones that are have varying volumes, has anyone had a few pairs of ML yellows and a few equinoxs to put them on to ensure it’s not the equinox’s that put out varying volume?

Also definitely DB meters apps and phone mics have a HUGE impact on these readings 

1 minute ago, Edsped said:

It seems to me everyone is assuming it’s the Minelab phones that are have varying volumes, has anyone had a few pairs of ML yellows and a few equinoxs to put them on to ensure it’s not the equinox’s that put out varying volume?

Also definitely DB meters apps and phone mics have a HUGE impact on these readings 

That's what I was getting at in my post.  People all over the forums are popping up with Db readings and then that leads to comparing their figures with other people's readings. I think it is giving the impression that there is quite a variance within the yellow Minelab phones themselves...maybe even suggesting that there are good batches of them and less than good batches.  That's why I brought up the points about different apps and such, giving different readings even on the same phone.  I didn't mean it to be offensive to anyone here doing the Db testings but from the responses, I guess that's how it was taken.  

2 hours ago, Daniel Tn said:

That's what I was getting at in my post.  People all over the forums are popping up with Db readings and then that leads to comparing their figures with other people's readings. I think it is giving the impression that there is quite a variance within the yellow Minelab phones themselves...maybe even suggesting that there are good batches of them and less than good batches.  That's why I brought up the points about different apps and such, giving different readings even on the same phone.  I didn't mean it to be offensive to anyone here doing the Db testings but from the responses, I guess that's how it was taken.  

Sorry yes I was just reinforcing what you said, it’s a really good point. 

3 hours ago, Daniel Tn said:

I wasn't offended, just reinforcing the fact that people shouldn't be comparing absolute dB numbers between posts,as you stated.  People appear to be doing it anyway even though I tried to be clear that was not the point of the post.  We are in violent agreement.  Lol.

I used a calibrated analog dB meter and app dB meter and got the same results between the two meters when testing the Yellow WP Headphones. That’s not to say all apps will produce equal results. Best of luck!

Okay got the Pelso's today and while not as loud as the Hungarian phones that I have been using there is still plenty of room left to go much higher than I will ever use.  I set the Hungarians at tone vol 10 with master volume set at 4.   With the Kellyco phones,  tone vol is at 25 with master volume at 18 for the same sound level which leaves plenty of adjustment to to go higher than just about anyone would ever need. 

Cord is heavy duty and taller guys especially will appreciate the extra length.

Noise isolation I haven't really tested yet but seems about the same as the Hungarians after the mod I made adding insulation inside the cups.

Have to agree with Daniel on the quality. They get a thumbs up from me.

• Like 2