Costco Metal Detector: Discovery 3300 Bounty Hunter

• The title was changed to Costco Metal Detector: Discovery 3300 Bounty Hunter

Welcome to the forum!

Well, it is an entry level detector so I would not expect too much. In theory any detector can find gold nuggets, but the reality is you are competing with a lot of people swinging far more powerful detectors. The area you are in does not have a lot of large nugget gold, and so you would typically want something hotter on tiny objects than this 6.6 kHz machine is going to be.

The good news is I just saw these at Costco myself so I know you got a smoking deal. What you have really got is a good general purpose coin and jewelry detector. It does have a manual ground balance option, which is kind of a marker for a unit that is a “step up” from a basic factory preset detector. Should be decent for typical park detecting or walking a beach. Bottom line is Bounty Hunter has some good value deals when the price is right.

Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300 Owner's Manual

Newer Thread On The Subject Here

bounty-hunter-discovery-3300-metal-detector.jpg

• Like 5

Get out and practice Terryden. There’s a lot of fun and maybe treasure to come your way

Thank you again Steve. This is a prime example of your sincere and unbiased opinion to all who ask for help. My detectors are pretty old technology and of modest capabilities also, but thanks to you and the members of this forum I get the best out of them. 

Mike

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

• 7 months later...

I would not be surprised if this isn't based on a Fisher or Teknetics model as some of the Bounty Hunters are. 

Looks to be based off the Fisher F4, very similar.

fisher f4.jpg

• Like 2

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...

The great thing about a low cost detector like this is everybody and his brother will buy one. Then go out without help and unknowing use it one time then put in storage. After about a year or so it will come out and find it in a garage sale. Then you can pick them up for 5 to 15 dollars. I got one that worked great for 3 dollars because the battery cover was gone.

You would be surprised how many detectors show up in a garage sale. The dream of finding a big treasure is why they buy . After the buy they find it turns into work and all they have to show is trash.

I have yet to resale one but gave them away who’s kid wanted give coin hunting a try .

Chuck 

• Like 5