Professor Hester

"Thank You" to all the Men and Boys at This Forum

He did mention in his Amazon author biography that he has/had terminal cancer. Let's hope he's okay.

I searched and couldn't find his death.

What's interesting though some of his books were published in 2017

• Like 2

Why all the Conspiracy theories, I have been a member here for years and just vanish for a few months or a year at a time, ??

My Self I have good reason to do so Having had open Heart Surgery late last year and the Death of my Mom this year, It's been a rough time and life takes over and steers you where it thinks you should be instead of where you want to be, I did not plan on either of these events but those are the Cards I was Dealt, So I gotta live with it,

No one knows whats going on in this guys life, And it's wrong to think the worst about someone just because they haven't shown up in a while, This past year for me has proven to me that I am not Bulletproof and God Beats with a Big Stick,

As for what or why, I am not going to comment about this guy for a simple reason, None of us know what is round the next corner and my troubles are a prime example of how powerless we humans really are.

It's best to enjoy your life and those who you share your life with and worry about making the most of the good times we share with those who really matter,

J.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

He's still around, maybe he just never took to metal detecting or he's just too busy. 

https://www.barefootstudent.com/other/students/resume/professor_hester_1920397801

• Like 3

On 3/10/2015 at 3:59 PM, Professor Hester said:

I want to give a sincere "Thank You!" to Steve Herschbach, Reno Chris, Ivans Garage, Snake Jim, Mike Hillis, RickUK, AZBlackbird, and Sourdough Scott who all responded to my dumb questions.

I tried to match up the requirements, as you told me, of a metal detector for gold nuggets and coins:

* High frequency

* Ground balance

But I could not find a metal detector in my price range of ($300-$350) that met those two requirements I am back to square one and I guess I will not be purchasing a metal detector at this time. At least I now know what to look for and I am no longer completely ignorant. I am disappointed but I will get over it.

I will recommend your forum to anyone. You guys spent your own time to help me. It doesn't get any better than that.

Thank again.

Professor Hester

This forum is unique!!When i want my head to be full of tech chat or geology tales i just log in et voila.

RR

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Stephen Allen
      I'm just wondering if this has been asked before ?
      When I purchased my Equinox 800 the shop told me that the multi-iq is not available when in gold mode, only 40 and 20 kHz. In the manual it if I understand it correctly it says that in gold mode you have multi, 40 and 20khz modes. My question is
      In gold mode is the multi, all frequencies 5, 10, 15, 20 and 40khz or is it only scanning 20 and 40khz in gold modes.
      Hope someone can set me straight

• By sandiwilliams717
      so all you guys know your Detector? Or so you thought maybe or maybe so you thought?

So lots of you may be asking or have been asking or are curious about which Detector is better and probably assuming the 800 is way better and stronger than the 600. Or which is better for the beginner? The Minelab Equinox 600 or 800? What Detector is more powerful? Therefore producing more finds and at better quality? Or are they in a nutshell the exact same Detector besides A extra mode ( Gold ), and 20 and 40 khz are available to be single frequencies on the Equinox 800 and not the 600. Does The Equinox 600 have 20 and 40 khz in multi frequency? And the 800 has more adjustable tone pitches in more tone brackets and recovery speed is more adjustable and iron bias as well. But are as I said in a nutshell are the same exact animal. Truly deep, capable of all types of metal detecting adventures, fully submersible and the actually find amazing finds. Whatever you buy make sure it's a Minelab Equinox. They produce. Just don't go about it like I did and dying to set up most advanced settings and trying to copy someone's program. Let that metal detector talk to you and you'll create a bond with it and only tweak it when you feel the need to be able to comprehend it better. It's preset modes are incredible and this detector is truly worth every penny.... Thanks for listening guys
    • By sandiwilliams717
      1) Anyone have any advice and Best settings for the Minelab Equinox 600 for relic hunting like civil war relics buttons stuff like that? 2) Also when coin shooting for silver coins and gold coins anyone have suggestions or find there conventional or unconventional ways and programs better to locate Silver and gold coins? Like notching out vdis, or running it in beach in a field similar to Neil Jones program? 3) Also best settings on the beach for jewelry?
    • By Curl
      "The proper threshold on hot ground, any ground type for that matter, is a nice and high full sound, stable and rock solid threshold that cannot be wavered on that ground type.. Allowing the highest sensitivity they can muster. 
      Causing lovely repeatable dropouts in the threshold on deep signals on heavy ground."
      Hello All.
      I have an old Minelab GT16000, and in the process of searching for Coils, came across a post(above) by "argyle" that suggested a completely different Threshold setup for some of the early VLF detectors including mine.
      Just wondering if anyone has used this procedure, as it is different to the manufacturer's instruction?
      Cheers. 
    • By Tnsharpshooter
      It has come to my attention when using my Apple iPad mini (with latest update btw) accessing manufacturer’s main site I cannot access support pages on site.  A work around for folks is to do a google search.  For example doing google search for Simplex+ manual one will see a good site that will get them to their destination for access to needed data.  It has been reported the same thing happens with use of android cell phone.  I have put a thread together elsewhere here in order to notify marketing rep Dilek of this issue.  http://www.dankowskidetectors.com/discussions/read.php?2,172246
    • By maxxkatt
      I have located two gold mines that I have access to after much research.
      one mine about 4 ft tall in the side of a hill and has a nice pile of quartz rock tailings pile. rocks are about 12" wide. Should I remove all of the larger quartz rocks to get  down to the smaller rocks before I hunt with my 800 using a six inch coil?
      the other is in the side of a creek bank about 2 feet high. No sign of tailings pile, so I guess just hunt the creek with my Equinox 800 and 6" coil in front of the mine and down stream and on both sides of the creek in case they had their washer equipment set up at that location.
      both sites are rather remote so should not be much trash in the area.
      thanks for any help.