I like competition as it keeps the manufactures on their toes.

• Like 1

73 lead shot, poor buggers!!

Certainly got them the goods. 

I'm not sure about that mozzieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee sound of the Makro though  ?  Would make my ears bleed after a while. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By Coinboy
      Hi everyone, I’m thinking of picking up a used multi kruzer. I have a Nox but don’t want to put that thing in the water. I have heard the kruzers are pretty chattery. This would be a backup machine and a water machine and maybe for dense iron trash with a small coil. Is the kruzer still a viable good machine or should I save up a bit and get a used Anfibio? Thanks in advance.
    • By kac
      As many users of the Kruzer series may find the 4 tone mode really limited because it is so noisy and hard to follow. I personally rarely notch out targets and even keep my iron audio low but always audible but there are some really tough spots. In particular spots like camp sites or where there were bonfires and lots of burned up can slag, bottle caps etc.
      I took the 4 tone mode and notched out everything except known or metal ranges of known target id types. I then use under the iron audio the N# values. This allows you to still get an audio response on the notched targets but much softer. N1 or N2 seem more than enough. Known targets will be reveled very quickly because they will be louder and clearer. Base setting below and needs a bit tweaking but happy so far.

• By kac
      Finally got a Superfly for my Multi Kruzer. It weighs just .01 lbs more than the stock 7x11. Overall it is less chattery and I can kick the gain up much more. Depth wise on a silver dime it at same gain settings it will go between 2"-3" deeper with steadier numbers. Target separation seems to be about the same and in the field I gave it a go for about an hour or so and it was really nice to swing. Though I only found a bit of clad I plan on giving this one some serious hours.
      Not sure if it is a worthy upgrade for anyone with an Amphibio but if you have one of the Kruzers I highly recommend it.
    • By Mike Hillis
      What is wrong with the Gold Kruzer?   
      Why doesn't NEL or CORS or Magic or Detech make any coils for the Gold Kruzer?    
      They make full lineups of coils of for the Gold Racer, but not a one for the Gold Kruzer.   
      You can't say its because of the water proof connector, as they make coils for the Kruzer and Anfibio.
      You can't say its because of the frequency as they make coils for the Gold Racer and the Gold Kruzer is basically a waterproof Gold Racer.
      So what gives?  Why do the aftermarket coil mfg's treat the Gold Kruzer like an ugly step-child?   
      Mike

• By kac
      So I have the Green headphones and have them currently paired to the Multi Kruzer but it seem that if I pair the pin pointer to the same headphones then the headphones won't be paired to the detector? Either or and not both? If that is the case it is kind of a bummer but not that big a deal. Audio on it isn't super loud with the waterproof cover on.
    • By Rick N. MI
      I used the:
      Equinox 800 w/ 6" coil Park 2, Sensitivity 23, 2 tone, Iron Bias f2 0, Recovery 4
      Xp Orx w/ 9" hf coil, 4 tone, Sensitivity 96, recovery 2
      Gold Kruzer 4x7.5 coil, Deep mode, Sensitivity 80
      I wanted to see how well these detectors did in no emi area at a low mineral sandy beach with a 0.89 gram 14k gold ring buried at a measured 9". I was very impressed with the results.
      The Equinox 800 w/ 6" coil and the XP Opx w/ 9" hf coil hit all the way around with the coil lifted 3"-4".
      The Gold Kruzer w/ 4x7.5 coil hit it one way w/ coil raised 2"-3". The other was a weak signal harder to get. I was happy with that. I didn't bring the 5x9.5 coil. I'm sure it would have done better.
      Over all I was happy with the results. The Equinox 800 w/ 6" coil did really good. Equal with the Xp Orx w/ 9" hf coil. The Xp Orx hit the ring very well at 31 khz and 54 khz.