Finally Got To 100 Bits Today......

oneguy

Chris Ward does own all of that property behind town. He bought it a few years ago. My friend that lives there and Chris caught 3 guys on his property digging huge holes and when they told the 3 that he owned the property, they got real mean to the owner. He kicked them off of his property and told them if they were caught up there again, he would call the law. They have since started posting this property. The other guy with Chris is a good friend of mine and he told me that they were going to post all of the property that both of them own. It's to bad because they have let me go on their property, but now they will not let anyone go up there. Most of that property is BLM land, but the biggest share is private owned. 

Last time I was in there was early last week and someone had left a couple beer cans and had continued digging where I'd left of before.  the owners I'm sure where aware of me being up there quite a few times? When I came off the hill last time the quad trail everyone uses to go around the gate had been blocked off (probably because of me?) so I took the hint and haven't been back. There were no signs up last time I was in there.  I may have been a part of everyone getting the boot and/or the people leaving the beer cans????  Nothing I can say...…….

Maybe we all could pony up a little dough  for the property owner to allow us in? Possibly renegotiate every year? He gets some payoff...we get a few dinks?????  I do that with a claim owner over here and it worked out well for both of us....I keep an eye on the claim, cleanup any trash, keep them informed on what I find and see when up there, dug trench on an approach that was flooded, etc. etc....  They don't charge me anymore and said to run amuck at will...…...

just a thought

I was thinking of the same thing. I am going up this weekend to see the other guy(he owns the road and property with the gate) that was involved in putting up the signs and I will ask him if he thinks it would be a good idea. They are going to put up more signs at both ends of the property. They are planning on doing some placer mining up there some where this fall.