29 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

My super dredge location reached with great effort was proving to be not much better than the previous site

Dontcha hate it when well thought out theory fails to produce? - - happens a lot in this game.

For me, part of the fun of it. :biggrin:

• Like 2

Great photos Steve and thanks.

My Aunt and Uncle were chosen as participants in the Matanuska Valley Colony experiment.  My dad who was single at the time followed later by riding the rails to Seattle and taking the boat to Anchorage.  When the War broke out he went to Seattle to enlist, returning back home to Michigan when the War in the Pacific ended.

I heard many stories about the Matanuska valley area growing up as a child and have always wished I could have experienced it during that time.  Definitely need to put getting up there on the bucket list.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

Your pictures are making me homesick Steve

Breathtakingly spectacular country of origin Jim, Love to see it one day. Would be best prospected by younger legs than mine though :sad:

Steve - -  waiting impatiently - - :biggrin:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jrbeatty said:

Breathtakingly spectacular country of origin Jim, Love to see it one day. Would be best prospected by younger legs than mine though :sad:

Steve - -  waiting impatiently - - :biggrin:

I know what you mean JR. My legs have given out also. Mine is not just from age, but also have developed Neuropathy, which means I have no feeling in my legs and feet. It makes you extremely unsteady, which makes it dangerous on uneven ground.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1