4 minutes ago, Rivers rat said:

This tale of Gold is the best tale i have read in a very long time.

I read everything last night after coming back from metal detecting

Thanks for sharing

RR

Rr,must admit i have done the same thing but about 3 or 4 times,fantastic lifetimes detecting adventure,one of the all time classics.

• Thanks 1

On 10/8/2018 at 1:58 PM, jrbeatty said:

I can only echo what others have said above - an inspirational well written story set amongst stunning vistas. 

Latter day prospecting at the highest level in every sense of the term - thanks for sharing your gold journey Steve.  

Steve’s Chisana Story documentation is extraordinary. It is fascinating but at the same time it is no simple task to assimilate in one or two readings all the information that is presented here. I seriously doubt that Steve is looking for accolades, but that is difficult to avoid while trying to find a few appreciative words to acknowledge either this or his many other accomplishments over the years.  

Our Detector Prospector forum is a fine example of Steve’s determination and resourcefulness to successfully implement a major project. His prodigious efforts and managerial skills are the reason for its success to date. Of course we hope that our input is a decisive factor in that success, but ultimately the credit must go to Steve’s tireless work and steady hand at the helm. 

Thankyou Steve for an excellent prospecting article. It presents a wealth of information and made for a thoroughly enjoyable read on several occasions. La crème de la crème. Bravo!!! :smile:

2066361838_GOLDNUGGETSSFYG17.JPG.09609169cccb495c374e3c81ccc16fad.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Thanks Jim... you are too kind :smile: Thank you for your own contributions to the forums. And nice picture frame! How the forums do from here on out is up to the members. I have 90% of the framework built so now people either post or they do not. My role now is mostly as background admin..... with an occasional tale.

I am as curious as any to see how it goes.

• Like 1

On 1/29/2019 at 3:28 PM, towerdon said:

Hi Steve, hard to believe it has been 14 years since Jesse and I were at Moore Creek. Thanks for an interesting read during this Fairbanks winter. Time to spend more time here on the forums.

Wow Don, nice to hear from you. I hope Jesse is doing well also... best wishes!

9 hours ago, Jim Hemmingway said:

Steve’s Chisana Story documentation is extraordinary. It is fascinating but at the same time it is no simple task to assimilate in one or two readings all the information that is presented here. I seriously doubt that Steve is looking for accolades, but that is difficult to avoid while trying to find a few appreciative words to acknowledge either this or his many other accomplishments over the years.  

Well stated, Jim!  I'm not even a gold prospector (other than a time or two dipping my toe into some panning, so to speak), and I found the entire story fascinating and extremely well written.  Steve has a real gift for writing, which is evident to anyone who has done a lot of writing and editing.  His enthusiasm for prospecting, detecting, nature, and even flying, is a delight to read.

So kudos to you, Steve!  Your website is a model of how one should be designed, organized, and managed.  Your writing ability and rational analysis of detecting and prospecting topics make your site a pleasure to read and participate in.  Thanks for all your efforts.  This story is just the latest example of how well you succeed.

--Tom

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Tom :smile:

I have all these old photos never seen by anyone but me. That is a real waste in my opinion and the tale is just a way of presenting the photos in an interesting way. It was an enjoyable stroll down memory lane for me so I am pleased so many of you enjoyed the story.

I am very fortunate to have grown up in Alaska before it became as domesticated as it is now. The oil pipeline in many ways marked the end of the “old Alaska”.

• Like 4

• 5 months later...

Dang Steve, here I am halfway around the world reading this fantastic story,  we had some fun there for sure.. Won't be going back again tho Dudley has my share now...There's still gold to be found  I've been very lucky to have found some with some great friends.....

• Like 2