Gerry in Idaho

The Gold Specimen Cleaned Up Well. Should I Stop?

Stop!  Looks fantastic.

• Like 1

I second that, looks great!  Don't smash it up, it's worth more as a specimen than the value of the gold.

There's got to be more of them out there waiting to be found.:biggrin:

• Like 2

Stop! Great looking specimen Gerry....

• Like 2

Looks real purty to me! 😄

• Like 1

looks great the way it is ,be a shame to smash it.

• Like 1

nice one....!!!!!  leave it alone????

• Like 1

Looks real good, how long did you leave it soaking in the "Wink"? 

cheers dave

• Like 1

FTLOG stop Gerry, before those gorgeous quartz crystals crumble into powder!🤣

• Like 4

STOP playing with your......speci. :laugh: Looks fab just the way it is. I know you never intended to crush it.:cool: Looks beautiful Gerry.👍

Good luck out there

JW :smile:

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By phoenix
      Most of my finds pale into insignificance compared to some of the great gold that is displayed on this forum, but it is what it is.         I got out for a couple of hours yesterday and got this piece about 10 mins after I got there, then nothing.  The good thing about this spot is there is not a great deal in the way of rubbish, so I`m going to spend a bit more time there and hope a few more pieces pop up.     Dave

• By phoenix
      That speci I got a couple of weeks ago, I dropped it in Ali Brite about 5 days ago and it came up pretty good.   After it was cleaned the SG came down a fraction, it now sg`s at 2.082 grams gold 🙂

• By phoenix
      About 3 or 4 years ago I ran a post about a specimen I got at Tarnagulla at about 6" with pretty well no visible gold, and the sg for quartz said there was maybe 1½ ozs of gold in it, but because there was rock other than quartz, I really don`t know how much gold there actually is.      At the time, I dropped it in acid and then promptly forgot about it till I came across it today.  😲               The main body of it is about half the size it started and there is now gold and gravel in the bottom of the jar.       I`ve taken this photo of the biggest bit remaining, renewed the acid and dropped it back in.         I wont forget it again (I hope).
      Sorry Mitchel, back to the dime   🙂

• By geof_junk
      I have been scanning 35 mm Slides and came across a guy now resting closer to the gold. He was a real gentle man.   He put a stop to my dredging when he let my wife wear his smaller 16 oz necklace. If I remember right that is a 30 plus oz in his hand. The third photo is my collection of coarse gold I dredged that year.

• By AllenJ
      Finally got the skunk of the Gold Monster!  All small stuff but I've been in such a drought this year I'm happy to detect any gold at all at this point.  The stuff on the right side of the pan is my oldest son's, he was using his Gold Bug II.  He turned over a boulder and found 19 pieces under it.

• By phoenix
      The wife and I got out for a couple of hour detect today and about 1 hour in I got a really iffy signal with the 7000 and it sounded like it was down maybe a couple of inches.    I was really surprised when the hole started getting deeper and deeper and the target was still there. When I was down about 8" in hard ground I got the 2300 my better half was using so I could pinpoint cause I really couldn`t tell where in the hole it was and down about the 12" mark this piece popped out. Looking at it from the side it pretty well looks like a rock but all around the edges there are hundreds of tiny pinpoints of gold.                                                                                                                                   It sg`s at 2.1 grams gold and is my biggest piece in quite some time. 🙂