Whites Garage Sale Weekend

☠ Cipher

Some deals include:

15" concentric coils for XLT, MXT, DFX, 5900DI etc for $110 each

5.3" shooter for XLT/6000/5900/Classic ID etc for $40

diving rod for $30

hip mount kits slashed in half

• Thanks 1

Thanks Cipher.  Yes, those White's garage sales always have some great deals and interesting oddball items.  Seeing those sales makes me feel better to know I'm not the only one who accumulates years of crap in his garage ...  

I don't know what I was thinking, but I bought one of the AF108 military mine detectors.  I'm a military guy and thought this would be cool, I guess.  (from their garage to mine).  They had two of them and they both sold within the first few hours.  There's practically nothing online about the AF108.  Is this a PI detector?  At least now I will have crashed UFO searching covered ...

On 9/2/2018 at 2:07 AM, Wayfarer said:

Thanks Cipher.  Yes, those White's garage sales always have some great deals and interesting oddball items.  Seeing those sales makes me feel better to know I'm not the only one who accumulates years of crap in his garage ...  

I don't know what I was thinking, but I bought one of the AF108 military mine detectors.  I'm a military guy and thought this would be cool, I guess.  (from their garage to mine).  They had two of them and they both sold within the first few hours.  There's practically nothing online about the AF108.  Is this a PI detector?  At least now I will have crashed UFO searching covered ...

The AF108 is a PI detector. Ships with OD green harness. Will be a great collector's item or prop for a movie!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't have such great luck with my order. I ordered the 5.3" shooter for my older XLT/5900di Pro SL models and a bunch of other odds and ends like a diving rod, patches etc to fill the order more since shipping within certain parameters was the same. A week later I check UPS tracking and they dropped it off on a post office a day early and the wrong one with no call or explanation as to why they didn't deliver it to my address as usual. What usually happens here is it gets sent back if it ends up at the wrong post office, so I called up and they were nice enough to say come on over and grab it. I opened it and no coil. It was crossed off the order even though from all indications my order went through at checkout. So now I have all these other odds and ends I just ordered kinda because haha and not the coil I was excited about. I got over it, but then later in the week I see that same coil advertised again on Facebook to promote the sale, but at this point I'm too jaded to try it again. Same with the 15" coils. Very tempted on those, but I was left scratching my head at the whole transaction. I guess it was just my turn lol. Love Whites anyway.