It was tough to get wet yesterday with all the people around. (labor day weekend) I eventually made it down to an abandoned beach near a dump. It sounds worse then it is, the area has great potential for relics and the odd bit of jewelry, it did however stink something terrible. The smell was not from the dump, just kinda dead stagnant fishy water with the occasional dead goose smell wafting through.

The junk ring was the third target, the silver ring was about 3 hours later. The silver ring rang up around 33-35, I was pretty sure I had big silver, though I was envisioning a coin.

Now that I have a pinpoint button again, I would often use that to size the targets as there is lots of cans and big aluminum chunks from fish huts that had penny/ring numbers. I eventually get to digging most of it do reduce masking in good spots, just in moderation though, I filled my trash pouch almost 3 times as it was. 

I'm still not using waterproof headphones yet, just the WM-08 module double sandwich bagged inside my wader's pocket. I'll get the headphones evetually as they will be needed in the spring when the water level is higher, but for now I'm enjoying the freedom of wireless. I can still cover 80% of the usual areas before needing to submerge my hand. I just have to be careful now as the Equinox does not float. ?

West rings.jpg

• Like 6

Thanks a bunch!

I went for a few hours after supper tonight. New update installed.

The conditions were actually decent. The swim-line was dragged in at my usual haunt. See we had a really big wind storm in the spring that removed a bunch of sand, most of it is back, except my usual cobble road that is only 5'-6' wide is now like 15'-20' wide. Normally I don't bother with this area in the summer but maybe it looks like I should have. Oh well it gives me a jump start on the fall hunting, I have lots of exposed cobble sitting right on clay to detect. It's not the easiest, lots of iron too, but it's shallow and concentrated.

I snagged a George the 5th (1911-1936) silver dime and a Topaz silver ring. I had to fight for both of them, but both had that little bit extra gusto that stands out from a bent nail etc. Both targets, especially the silver ring up-averaged in the water while mixed with other targets. (This is a good thing IMO) That ring was blurting out high 30s, even hit 39 a couple times however reads 20 in the air.. I might have walked off thinking iron wrap around(However his machine doesn't really wrap-around like that), I stuck it out hoping for a pair sunglasses, I was surprised to see it was only a 2.5 gram ring making all that fuss lol. Impressive, both targets were very excitable.

The dime was 6 recovery, sens 22, Park 2. The ring was the same except recovery 8.

Topaz.jpg

• Like 4

Wow there is some really nice stuff there. I would love to get a chain like that soon.

I've never found platinum either but I got a junker here I can switch with yours and you'd never know the difference. lolol

Im just looking at the Minelab phones, I wonder if the connector can be purchased separately or is it a OEM product? This week I'm going to get a 6" coil, so I thought I would order the headphones too, bringing the total close to $500 (CAD). I know I'm probably going to do it, just I'm feeling really cheap and need to pry my wallet open for those cans. All I really need is the connector.

EDIT: I just found the Equinox 1/8" to 1/4" adapter, maybe I will just buy one of these instead and use my own headphones, I have lots around. Minelab Equinox headphone adapter cable 1/8" to 1/4"

I can make up pretty much any variety of connectors if anyone is interested or wants custom phones ?

I'm getting in some phones and adding the waterproof connector onto them so I I can use good speakers whilst wading  with the control box under water ?

ED7281FB-96CA-4B94-810D-A933A6C06DE3.jpeg

515D370D-C17E-4C49-8458-7435C6B03A79.jpeg

• Like 3

I have a couple quick questions Edsped if you don't mind.

Is there any kind of a O-ring that keeps the water out, or is it that ring of plastic that seals? I get the feeling that the Equinox won't get hurt if the speakers get exposed to water, but it would be nice to keep the water out and from wicking up into the wire itself.  (It could be a problem when it starts to freeze) Otherwise I could just plug into the machine with no connector.

On your plug you have a mono phone jack. It probably doesn't matter and does simplify wiring the headphones, i was just curious as to the decision there. If Minelab comes out with a Stereo update, I want to be ready.  lol

I've already got the other one ordered, but seeing as you went to the trouble I would try one out. Are you selling them online?

The o-ring is actually built into the equinox if you take a look In the jack, that ring of plastic seats itself against it ?

the mono will ensure that the main speaker shuts off as In some circumstances I couldn’t get it to shut off when using some speakers/piezos when using a stereo plug.

Im setting up a website as we speak actually but just tell me what exactly you are after and I can make it work with the equinox connector no worries I’m sure.

but you can always use a standard 3.5mm male to 1/8inch female with the equinox, you don’t need to have a specialized equinox connector unless it’s getting wet or to protect it getting yanked out ?

• Like 1