This past weekend was so hot I couldn't get in the water anywhere. Well technically I could have used the kayak, it is perfect just for these situations to get away from people, but I was feeling lazy. I got done work at about 3:00 today, so I thought I would go get a haircut, then I thought why not bring the detector and head out after. Then I thought, why get a hair cut at all!

What is exciting about these finds is that I found them all in reverse pinpoint AKA Gold 2. I tried the Gold 2 a bit on the weekend, but found myself going back to Park2 about 50% of the time as I was comfortable with it, the threshold on Gold 2 was quite bouncy unless I reduced the sens to about 17. Tonight was different, I had confidence, I knew I was going to find some gold. I hit the water with nobody in sight running Gold 2, recovery 6, sens 22.

This is like a dream come true, hunting with the all metal/pin point audio of the Excalibur, but with numbers! I actually dug less iron then usual tonight. The reason why is the increased situational awareness with the all-metal audio. I could hover directly over top of targets to get a good number. This is harder to do in Park 2 with or without the horseshoe because it's hard to know where exactly co-located targets are with multitones and the pinpoint button can be tricky in the iron.

This gold earring I absolutely attribute to the Gold 2 audio. I wouldn't have dug it/heard it with the Park 2 audio, I checked a few times as I dug, yes I could get a number in Park 2 because I knew where it was, but it was an underwhelming response. Gold 2 absolutely slammed all of the targets you see below, I could barely get a conventional pinpoint on any of them until I started digging. The Gold earring is a solid 1 TID.

After that gold earring I settled right in with the bouncy threshold lol. I will run it a bit lower after some bench tests. The Victorian button was the shallowest, the little earring backs were hard to say, maybe 3"-6" max, the gold earring was easily well over a foot deep and this machine just friggen wailed on it.

I'm pleased as punch with this machine.

IMG_20180918_204750438.jpg

• Like 7

This is going to be an odd freshwater season here.

Typically around here, the "start of summer" usually kicks off with Memorial Day in May.  That's when people really start hitting the water to swim and such, and then unoffically ends Labor Day weekend in September.  This year is different; May and June were unusually rainy months this year...seemed like every weekend it rained, well into July.  The popular peak times for the beaches are the weekends, so the beach traffic was just not like it normally is.  But from August thru now, it has rained very little and has been perfect days for swimming.  Today finds us in the 2nd half of September and it's 90 degrees outside today here.  So...this has people still flocking to the beaches, even though in years past they have pretty much quit going by this time...either due to schools being in session or whatever else.  If it keeps doing like this, I may get an extra month or so of "depositors" hitting the water.  The bad in all of it is...I've found 16 rings this year so far, and only one of them has been gold.  The rest have been junk (tungsten, stainless, or GP), with the exception of a few were .925 silver.  

The Nox has been FUN to hunt with in the water for sure.  

• Like 1

On 9/19/2018 at 2:50 PM, Daniel Tn said:

This is going to be an odd freshwater season here.

Typically around here, the "start of summer" usually kicks off with Memorial Day in May.  That's when people really start hitting the water to swim and such, and then unoffically ends Labor Day weekend in September.  This year is different; May and June were unusually rainy months this year...seemed like every weekend it rained, well into July.  The popular peak times for the beaches are the weekends, so the beach traffic was just not like it normally is.  But from August thru now, it has rained very little and has been perfect days for swimming.  Today finds us in the 2nd half of September and it's 90 degrees outside today here.  So...this has people still flocking to the beaches, even though in years past they have pretty much quit going by this time...either due to schools being in session or whatever else.  If it keeps doing like this, I may get an extra month or so of "depositors" hitting the water.  The bad in all of it is...I've found 16 rings this year so far, and only one of them has been gold.  The rest have been junk (tungsten, stainless, or GP), with the exception of a few were .925 silver.  

The Nox has been FUN to hunt with in the water for sure.  

Yes it is a blast for sure. Hey at least you are finding rings, the more junkers you finds the more gold you find regardless if the ratio changes from time to time.

Things might start to get even more interesting this weekend, they just issued a "weather statement" for tomorrow. (It's kinda like an early warning of some potentially extreme weather)

"Strong winds Friday.

Strong westerly winds are forecast to develop in association with a frontal passage Friday. Wind gusts of 70 to 80 km/h are expected in the afternoon and early evening, with higher winds possible in thunderstorms.

Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to ONstorm@canada.ca or tweet reports using #ONStorm."

Bring it on, I say.

1 minute ago, Edsped said:

Went for a couple of under water sessions with the Equinox 800 this week, it’s become a lot easier with the new headphones as they are so much louder under water ?

B3B5CF93-DB65-403D-B8D5-C345BDFE9212.jpeg

Right on man I love that tarnished silver!

Is it just me or is that gold ring pretty big? Holy smokes.

47 minutes ago, Alluminati said:

Right on man I love that tarnished silver!

Is it just me or is that gold ring pretty big? Holy smokes.

Let’s just say most rings don’t fit my pinky and that one is too big for my thumb!    BUT it’s only 3.55g!!