All that glitters is cold, or something like that.

Here is today's loot. The Quarter is a 1973 Mountie, a coin celebrating the R.C.M.P. from 1873-1973.

The penny is no big deal, other then it is a 1964 -silver era. This was another one of those high conductors that up averaged in the surrounding iron, you could not walk away from it even though it was hard to recover in the surrounding trash. It's good that this machine doesn't seem to iron false in the high numbers, meaning that coin stuck out like a sore thumb.

The gaudy earring was another big high conductor, turned out to be junk.

Last but not least is kind of an interesting find. It appears to be a "6mm Flobert" round which was a cross between a 22 short and a 22 BB gun. It could date back to the late 1800s, though I'll assume its a little newer. A quote from Wikipedia says it "managed to combine about all the disadvantages...[of both] into one generally useless cartridge" lol.

Horse coin.jpg

Ice tree.jpg

• Like 2

Boy, that looks freezin' .. :blink:

I've found 5-10 of those floberts - they ring pretty strong for their size and fall through the scoop almost every time :happy:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sinclair said:

Boy, that looks freezin' .. :blink:

I've found 5-10 of those floberts - they ring pretty strong for their size and fall through the scoop almost every time :happy:

You know I was going to say I though it rang up high, I think I saw 10 or 15 flash a few times which is a bit higher then the usual 22 long casing.