First Time Out With The 6 Inch Coil

sillllvar

Today I went to ye old faithful pounded out cellar hole Circa 1750's to try the 6 inch coil. I was in field 2, Sens 20, Iron bias 1 and recovery speed at 6, Multi. I was right in the thick of heavy Iron that sounded the Home site. I'd love to say something next like "and the 8 Reales was right there" But alas no ? Not this time! I did however find some buttons that I had missed, bits of lead and a couple of copper widgets. Depth was really good on the little coil!! The vegetation around the cellar is at near Jungle proportions, so it will be spring when I try there again with the little yin there. To get some more detecting in I put on the big coil and moved out into the sounding woods. There were a couple of stray targets out there, shotgun shells, 22 bullets and the odd riffle round. I did find one of those copper toe tap things and a Suspender buckle PAT 1866. I did also find the smallest colonial button known to man..ya I think I've said that before but this is even smaller ? My mind was blown by this Target. The signal was tiny but it rang true with reading of 9 at a good depth! I know for sure my SE would NOT have picked this Target out. Pic's to follow as Items are being preserved. Every time I use this machine I like it more and more! Apologies for waffling on!!

• Like 7

Sounds good .  Mine arrives today but with all the rain it could be a while before I get a chance to try it out at some old sites.

Here are the finds from the other day. Notice the tiny colonial button (left eye next to the Dime) Anybody have any idea what the heck it would have been used on? Can you imagine trying to apply that shank ?What can I say, relic hunting puts a smile on my face ?

Happy relic hunter face.jpg

• Like 3

I'm thinking it is a child's cuff button. I've seen some child's shoe buckles and they were tiny too lol

• Like 1

That was my thought too, a Child's cuff button. I wondered also if it might be off the front of some Doublets. They used to use very tiny buttons on the front. But I'm defo leaning towards child's cuff.

HH

Sillllvar