Any idea what this may be?

It was found at a 130 year old school yard that they are soon going to tear down, though it doesn't necessarily mean its school related.

My first thought was it might be part of a horn? However looking at it further, I don't know if it had the tolerances to be part of an instrument.

The top part swivels in the center, while doing so it lowers the tear drop shaped flap into the tube part, while raising the other two. (One appears to be missing)

It seems like it could be used to count or meter out some objects?

ID me.jpg

I'm inclined to agree with Fred, a change dispenser part.  Odd lay out for the seperator plates... here are some google images : https://www.google.com/search?q=vintage+coin+dispenser&sa=X&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&ved=2ahUKEwjNhZKsmJ_dAhVs04MKHQYDDKEQsAR6BAgGEAE&biw=1366&bih=670

• Like 1

Being older than dirt I should know what it is.

I do know I don’t have one.

Tell you what I’ll do. If anyone can find out what it is I will send that person who got it correct three Treasure Mags from the 60-70-80’s free to your door.

If someone will let me know when we have a winner.

Chuck

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Rege-PA said:

Looks lik e a shot dispenser for a muzzle loading shot gun.......

Hot Dog we have a Wiener!

That is exactly what it is. (Pictures below lifted from "Military Antiques and Museum")

I'm very glad I posted this here, I wasn't going to bother, I figured nobody is going to know what it is, it should be garbage lol.

Man this was fun, thanks for all of the guesses.

It looks like Rege-PA has just won himself some magazines. ?

Disp1.JPG

Disp 2.JPG

• Like 4

Cool ?

Hey Everyone 

Just to let all know I got Rege mags in the mail and if all goes well he should have them by this Saturday.

Today I was doing more house cleaning and up pop more Treasure mags. I’ve been getting them from back in 65 and a while back a friend unloaded some more on me.

Chuck

• Like 1