This is a 3D printed blue bowl version 1, it worked amazing for doing my last big clean up and sucked the sand away very quickly. I didn’t want to pay an arm and a leg so I built my own, leave an e-mail if you want the file. The whole project cost me less than 30 bucks or so. 

Parts:

-172 GPH Pump 

-3/8 Tubing 

-On/Off Valve 

-12  #10-24x1in Screws 

-9 #10 Washers 

-Rectangle Tub 

-Small Bucket 

-Printed Parts 

5FEC36FA-6C6F-4A53-8974-2CBB219030D2.jpeg

F4FEF4B4-CED4-457E-85C9-7C69EEB6CF3B.jpeg

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, LipCa said:

Nice for a DYI....  How much of the "3D printed blue bowl" is "3D"?  Looks like maybe only the brackets? 

The whole bowl is 3D printed as one piece as well as the brackets. It’s like a 1/3 scale of any regular blue bowl, with the lip around the rim and everything. Only the hardware, pump and tubs are store bought! 

Very nice.  You can tell the bowl is printed because of the form of the top layer around the rim, and the layer lines down the side.  Do you have an STL for it?  I might try to make that, but adapt my 120LPH pumps to it (it's what I have, so it's what I'll use).  This could be a neat integration.

My sluice box, for the next version, will change to be used with a 5 gallon bucket.  MUCH more capacity and runtime.  Seems you already have little brackets that go on the bucket, so that's a pretty nice start.

How long did this take you to design?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, M1dn1ghtN1nj4 said:

Very nice.  You can tell the bowl is printed because of the form of the top layer around the rim, and the layer lines down the side.  Do you have an STL for it?  I might try to make that, but adapt my 120LPH pumps to it (it's what I have, so it's what I'll use).  This could be a neat integration.

My sluice box, for the next version, will change to be used with a 5 gallon bucket.  MUCH more capacity and runtime.  Seems you already have little brackets that go on the bucket, so that's a pretty nice start.

How long did this take you to design?

This took me a day or so to rough out but i’d say three or four more to troubleshoot and refine. Here is the link I just made https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3082273  Make sure to print with supports. Let me know if you run into any issues!