Labor Day World War One Buttons

Today I got crowded out of the water so I decided to head back to the old school yard. Just as well I suppose as they announced they are going to tear it down immediately and build something or other. Its annoying because this town is slow as molasses to do anything else. They announced the recreation center when I was in grade school, I'm in my 40s now so whats the rush you know what I mean? lololol

Anyhow I tell you an interesting phenomenon. Whenever I do a land hunt after a water hunt, I can always seem to eek out something decent fairly easily, I don't know what it is. I got my water ears on but I am on land if you know what I mean. This effect wears off after 45 minutes then the targets recede back to the shadows.

Within 20 minutes of being there I had both of these targets. Both targets were in holes with square nails. They were not found together which makes this extraordinarily odd, I've dug thousands of targets from here and got very very little of anything that I could for sure say was military. Then again, why would there be, its a school yard. It turns out there was some training at some point in time.

The item on the left is a pin from the 182nd Battalion Canadian Expedition Forces from around 1915 or 1916. The button on the right, if I was to extrapolate information from the pin would be around the same age. It's similar to other buttons I have found. I should be able to confirm the era by the style of crown that is at the top. The lower part just says "Canada" and of course has a beaver below it lol.

For those Equinox users I spent the whole time hunting in recovery speed of 8, sens 22, Park2. I didn't mean to hunt that fast, by the time I realized it I had already found the maple leaf pin so I decided to let it roll. I got some pretty respectable depth considering I was on the fastest setting. *There were square nails in the holes of both targets.

It will be a shame to see this place go, I just got the top layer beat back a bit to expose this old stuff, but hey I knew this day could come at any time. It's alright I guess, I have got a lot of really good stuff from here in the past.  "the way she goes"

Buttons.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...