Any News On The 15 Inch Noxy Coils?

Andy2640

Anyone got the low down on the estimated availability?

Thanks,

Andy.

minelab-equinox-dd-coils-15-11-6.jpg.059
Minelab Equinox search coils - 15" x 12" DD, 11" round DD, 6" round DD

...guess we can take that as a no....

cjc

• Haha 1

I like how everyone is calling it a 15-incher - It's a 12x15 elliptical, so don't get too excited if you are hoping for it to be much deeper than the stock .  Great 15" coverage but at 12" wide, it is only going to be marginally deeper than the 11" round perhaps by an inch or two max.(i.e., slightly deeper than a 12" round) and it will be heavy for that marginal depth increase.  If its swing coverage you want without the weight of a full on 15" round coil, then you will be happy.  Just call me Debbie Downer.  Lol.

7 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

I like how everyone is calling it a 15-incher - It's a 12x15 elliptical, so don't get too excited if you are hoping for it to be much deeper than the stock .  Great 15" coverage but at 12" wide, it is only going to be marginally deeper than the 11" round perhaps by an inch or two max.(i.e., slightly deeper than a 12" round) and it will be heavy for that marginal depth increase.  If its swing coverage you want without the weight of a full on 15" round coil, then you will be happy.  Just call me Debbie Downer.  Lol.

That's how I've always described an elliptical coil; via the larger number.  A 6x10 DD coil has always been a "10 inch elliptical" to me.  The 12x15 should be roughly the equiv to a 13 inch round coil, and if it offers up to 2 inches more depth, that is huge to a lot of us.  

The way it stands now, in my soil, the Nox is probably the most accurate IDing VLF machine I have ever ran.  BUT...the catch there is that in my soil, it is almost unheard of for a VLF to be able to ID anything accurately beyond 5 to 6 inches or so.  In my case, the Nox can give consistent coin numbers and tone on a dime buried at 10 inches.  Most all other VLFs will read that dime as iron.  10 inches is about as far as it can do that...you might squeeze another half inch out of it if your coil control is perfect and the coin centered of the coil, and even at 10 inches, it requires good coil control.  I have been blown away at the multitude of stuff that has been coming out of the ground with this machine as it is now....adding just 2 more inches to that might open up a whole new world for me.  The past couple weeks, I have been playing with the 6 inch coil and comparing it to the 7 inch concentric coil on the Multi Kruzer.  That 6 inch coil packs quite a punch too.  

Its ground coverage i need it for. And if i can get an extra inch, then thats all good.

Anyone got feeback on the Kruzer?  It looks an attractive package, but im thinking the nox would be hard to beat.

The past couple weeks, I have been playing with the 6 inch coil and comparing it to the 7 inch concentric coil on the Multi Kruzer.