Andy2640

Any News On The 15 Inch Noxy Coils?

Has anyone heard a confirmed U.S. price, yet?

Steve

$239 internet price and supplies are now shipping to dealers. Time to order if you have not already. It’s so light it may replace the 11” as my stock coil. I don’t have any more problem pinpointing with it than the stock coil. Unreserved thumbs up on my part!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Made my order directly 10:00am this morning at A.M.D. Brian said he has 2 coming in, all I can say is their is only one left !! LOL !!!!!

Good Hunting

• Like 1

Ive literally just emailed crawfords UK to check where i am on the list.  Like with the equinox 800, i wonder how many units are going to each store?  I got a feeling i'm waaaay down on that pesky list.  Grhhh!!!

• Like 1

Ordered mine now! Just got the email from Minelab yesterday while I was away... I'm lovin' my Equinox now I've clocked up a lot of hours on it while I was away staying up near JW's house... post on that to come!

• Like 2

I would  like to see some test result for this coil....thinking hard on one for large open places

On 9/13/2018 at 8:17 AM, Daniel Tn said:

That's how I've always described an elliptical coil; via the larger number.  A 6x10 DD coil has always been a "10 inch elliptical" to me.  The 12x15 should be roughly the equiv to a 13 inch round coil, and if it offers up to 2 inches more depth, that is huge to a lot of us.  

The way it stands now, in my soil, the Nox is probably the most accurate IDing VLF machine I have ever ran.  BUT...the catch there is that in my soil, it is almost unheard of for a VLF to be able to ID anything accurately beyond 5 to 6 inches or so.  In my case, the Nox can give consistent coin numbers and tone on a dime buried at 10 inches.  Most all other VLFs will read that dime as iron.  10 inches is about as far as it can do that...you might squeeze another half inch out of it if your coil control is perfect and the coin centered of the coil, and even at 10 inches, it requires good coil control.  I have been blown away at the multitude of stuff that has been coming out of the ground with this machine as it is now....adding just 2 more inches to that might open up a whole new world for me.  The past couple weeks, I have been playing with the 6 inch coil and comparing it to the 7 inch concentric coil on the Multi Kruzer.  That 6 inch coil packs quite a punch too.  

Daniel I couldn't agree more I am in East Tennessee and same thing vlfs and even fbs machines struggle past 6 inches. With the nox I can punch down with accurate id to 10 inches that's a true pinpointer deep target.  The 6 inch coil can hit 6 to 8 inches with soild id as well. So for me if I gain any depth with large coil in my soil it's a bounce I suspect I will, which may bring things just out of reach within reach.  Plus just covering a large field abit more effectively is a welcome addition. 

• Like 2

I like to see the 13 "-13.5" coil....somewhere I read that for 50eurocent coins it gives 5cm more, and big coins is more ....I'm curious.,  know how the big coil will detect all coin sizes ...The weight of this 15x12 coil  should be about 650 grams ...- it's a light coil...

• Like 2

I have a first look at the 15x12 Equinox coil. the exact size of the coil without the cover is 30.7cm x 38cm, the weight of the coil with the coil cover and the cable is equal to 660 grams .., mounted on the shafte golden mask is light-so it's okay ...

oktober 1 iphone5S 2018 059_DxO.jpg

oktober 1 iphone5S 2018 083_DxO.jpg

• Like 2

The coil pinpoints very shallow targets beautifully if you tip the coil and nose around with it.

• Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By PPP
      I hunt in salt water waste deep with both Garrett sea hunter(big coil) and Equinox .was disappointed about the depth i get with the Equinox compared to sea hunter.It does't even touch the depth i get with the sea hunter.It finds of course small stuff which sea hunter doesn't see at all but the depth is lacking.Don't know if i have to sell the Equinox or not,any help?
    • By canoe
      Thanks to Chase Goldman for telling me about the Equinox. Looks darn good to me, have read a number of reviews. Will order one today.
    • By GB_Amateur
      As mentioned previously, after rereading Dick Stout's Coin Hunting... In Depth book over the holidays I took his advice and stepped away from my standard sites to find new ones.  It seems to be working (thanks, Dick).  Statistics on that later in this post.  Last week I went to one of those 'new sites', a century old park, and in the first 2 hours I found 83 cents in modern coins searching along a road and around a crushed stone parking lot that had previously produced only one old coin -- a beat up Wartime nickel ('Warnick').  I decided to move to a picnic area for the last hour, and as you can see in the picture, I was rewarded.  (Sorry for the overexposure on the Warnick.)

One of the Buffies showed up first, about 5-6 inches.  Next was the Merc at 4-5 inches.  The other two nickels followed (neither more than about 4 inches deep) and the big surprise was the Indian Head, also only about 4 inches deep.  My previous Personal Record ('PR') was only two old coins in one day's hunting.  Note that I don't count Wheat pennies in this category.  My single day PR there is 27.  Needless to say I was quite pleased.
      Oh, the 22 cartridge was found next to the above mentioned parking lot on a previous hunt.  Given that it's in a muni park (and we don't have gang problems..., etc.) I assume this was dropped long ago.  It's possible it was dropped after the park opened by a hunter who was getting his gear together after getting out of the car, before exiting the park on foot into the nearby woods.  The lead bullet appears to have 3 rings, one smooth and two serrated (if that's the correct word).  Can anyone put an age on this?  It was oriented vertically about 6 inches deep and sounded as sweet as any silver dime I've ever found, with the TID centered around 27.  Except for the 'P' on the back of the Warnick, there is no mintmark on any of the other coins.  The IH is 1903 and the Buffie dates are only partially visible.  I think one is 1916 and the other 1924.  None of these is scarce, but they still get counted in my 'other old coin' category.
      A little about the park.  As I mentioned it was established over a century ago.  I knew of its existence but figured so did every coin hunter within 100 miles.  Surely there was nothing left for me....  But another thing I've learned is that there is no such thing as "hunted out".  I've put 52 1/2 hours into hunting this park so far (all in 2020) and there's still more uncovered area awaiting.  Here are some numbers to mull over:  my 'other old coin' finds per hour is 0.27 for this site compared to 0.08 for all other hunted sites since beginning of 2017.  8 of the 14 finds are nickels.  Meanwhile Wheat pennies recovered per hour is 0.21, compared to 0.26/hr for all other sites starting in 2017.  And here is a sampling of my trash finds:

These are from 12 1/2 hours of hunting this park.  All but a couple of the ring-and-beavertail pulltabs had Equinox TID's in the modern USA coin regions:  12-14 (nickels) and 19 and above.  If the nickel and pseudo-nickel target ID touches 15 I don't dig.  My custom high tone is 20 and up to make sure I notice Indian Head pennies.  (Note from the photo: I count Zincolns as trash and that's what the pictured discs are.)  The 14-18 region is typically thought of as pulltabs, but those in the photo (exception of a couple r&b's) all sounded and TID'ed like nickels.  The aluminum screwcaps TID 21-23.  Crown caps can be in both nickel zone and Zincoln zone (elsewhere, too), depending upon composition.  I did dig more trash than this, mostly can slaw but also some aluminum foil and the usual few bent nails, square nails, copper wire, etc.  This park is absolutely loaded with the old pulltabs, and the broken off beavertails are the worst.  It got to where I was requiring the TID to at least flash a 13 for me to dig 'nickels', and still you see what I pull out.  Unfortunately I later dug a pure 12 and it was a nickel.  😪  I wonder how many of those I left in the ground.
      If you're still here I hope you don't mind one more statistic:  for common coins of denomination 25 cents and less (so not counting Wheaties or other old coins, but including Zincolns), the fraction of nickels among common coins since beginning of 2017 (but not counting this site) is 15%.  At this site (again, not counting the eight old nickels) is 26%.
      In summary, I'm finding a lot of old coins compared to my other sites, but not more Wheaties.  I'm finding a lot more nickels (relative to other coins) than my other sites.  I'm finding tons of pulltabs in the nickel zone.  How does all this tie together?  Simple:  the site has been hunted by detectorists cherry picking the high conductors and ignoring the nickels because they don't want to dig pulltabs.  Of course they missed some Indian Heads (probably didn't want to be bothered with Zincolns either) and a few silver dimes.  Hopefully I'll find a higher denomination silver coin, but even if I don't I'm happy with the oldies that have been showing up.
    • By Bash
      After a bit of a drought of finding cool coins with the Equinox, I found another V nickel detecting in the neighbors parking strip in between thunderstorms.  It was pretty worn and pitted, and not of any numismatic value, so I cleaned it up a bit.

• By Ridge Runner
      I find myself waiting again for something new they call Apex .
       I had been thinking about buying the Vanquish 540 pro pack but about the time I was going to pull the trigger on it another toy pops up. The trouble is I can’t have it today and not even tomorrow. Just like always I find myself in line waiting on something or someone.
       Well I’m not standing in line for nothing anymore.
       I’ve had a Nox 800 but sold it and I’m still kicking my butt for doing that . I had a detector that out shined all others and like said stupid sold it.
       Enough is enough so I called Rob and ordered a Nox 800 , 6” coil with a extra lower shaft and a MI 6 XP Pinpointer for my ORX .
       I ordered this just this past Monday and by 6 the next morning the check was in the mail. 
      I wish all of you the best that’s waiting on the Apex. Just mark me off that waiting list . Chuck