Try to find in work gear stores or take your pinpointer with you... or wear sandals! And pray for ground without sankes and thicks....

I do most of my gold hunting in and around water, so I use a pair of these neoprene boots. They work pretty well on land too, but they are not that breathable. You may have to shoe goo (glue) some areas of the seam back together occasionally, as they tend to come apart after a few hours in the water. They won't keep your feet dry, but they are good for protecting your feet when rock hopping in and out of water.

As long as we are talking about boots, can somebody tell me what exactly is meant by a waterproof boot? I have boating shoes I can wear underwater and they drain quick and don't smell afterwards, a measly 13 bucks at Walmart, but I had to get size 13 to fit my size 10 feet.

The one pair of supposedly waterproof boots I bought ,stank so bad after walking in a creek, I ended up trashing them.. altho wearing hip waders is a drag too and I seem to be allergic to neoprene ? When water gets inside my neoprene boots, my calves swell up and feel like they are on fire.  I'll stick with the cheap boating shoes for now for creek prospecting but need something for walking overland.

And how do you guys prevent yourselves from getting black and blue toenails after hiking up and down  hills? Happens to me every year on vacation.

Pretty much any military related on-line store will sell metal free boots. Up to you to choose the most comfortable boot and the best deal. I asked my SO's nephew what everybody was wearing over in the sandbox and he said a lot of guys were wearing the RockPorts, Danners, and Converses. I went with the RockPorts as I have a couple pair of their shoes that are very comfortable, so I figured the boots would be also. They were... just like wearing tennis shoes.

I have several pairs of metal free boots! All the brands are a little different fit wise. To bad LA Police Gear doesn't have a place a person can try the different brands on at one place to achieve the perfect fit for your feet!

Happy boot shopping,

LuckyLundy

• Like 1