Reebok makes a completely metal free boot, REEBOK DUTY Men's 8" Rapid Response RB Composite Toe Combat Boot. No metal at all, the safety toe is composite. No sound on pi detectors or vlfs...i gotdang guarantee it! 

Side zip aint gunna work with a 7000 (metal zipper tab).  I will wear a pair of Bates out in about 3 months. Finally broke down and purchased some more expensive boots to try to get better mileage. Might have the wife knit me a pair. I have 2 left feet.

The zippers are nylon,....

I just bought these last week at Sierra Trading Post in Reno...

The 2300 or 500o didnt have a problem with them and they really felt good...like tennis shoes..

First thing i did was kick some softball sized rocks around with the toes and NO problem....

post-420-0-07732200-1426140927_thumb.jpg

Those Converse Rapid Response are the best boots I've run across as far as comfort and durability goes and the composite toe is awesome. Never gave me trouble on my 4500, and they have less metal than my 5-11's now which themselves don't give me trouble on the 7000. Bates are junk and don't stand up to every day abuse. had 2 pair go bad fairly quickly. I tried some 5-11's after reading Reebok was using cheaper materials when they bought that Converse Rapid Response model, but these 5-11's are definitely flimsier than the Converse and I'm going to give Reebok a chance now.

wow the Reebok look like a good boot, mite have to give them a go. iv had a pair of (docs boots) bates for a few years now just about dead but where good .time to get the reebok.

Hay Steve! Remember your over there where the ground is gently rolling hills, it's always a perfect 70 degrees, the sun is always shinning and gentle breezes blow.. I, on the other hand, detect cliff faces, precipices, chasms, crevasses, gullies, gulches, canyons, under my feet and over my head.

The 7000 is so sensitive it will pick up the dirt under my toenails.

Happy so far with Reebok.