Side zip aint gunna work with a 7000 (metal zipper tab).  I will wear a pair of Bates out in about 3 months. Finally broke down and purchased some more expensive boots to try to get better mileage. Might have the wife knit me a pair. I have 2 left feet.

• Like 1

Funny you posted this today. Today I made it my mission to buy a pair of metal free boots. I bought a pair of Keen "Detroit Mid" boots which are metal free and water proof. After the purchase I tested them with the GPZ and got no response. I then went to one of my usual dig locations for a few hours and these boots are soooo comfortable. No gold though. 

• Like 1

Said Converse but I meant Reebok - they did get the design of this boot from Converse. Just got a pair but not used yet. Like I said, stouter than the 5.11 and I like the side zipper setup. The 5.11 boots I got were about half as expensive, quick lace system, very, very comfortable.

post-1-0-71521700-1426128977_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

So I have the ones pictured above and the tab is metal. Everything else is plastic. They work great for the SDC but what Klunker is saying is that they wont work for the GPZ. Guess I'll just have to wear my pull on leather work boots then.

strick

tvanwho,

To prevent or minimize black and blue toenails trim your toenails very short.  Good fitting boots also to minimize your foot sliding forward in the boots.  The toenail thing works.

• Like 1