Sign in to follow this  
Sourdough Scott

Metal Free Boots

Reebok makes a completely metal free boot, REEBOK DUTY Men's 8" Rapid Response RB Composite Toe Combat Boot. No metal at all, the safety toe is composite. No sound on pi detectors or vlfs...i gotdang guarantee it! 

Side zip aint gunna work with a 7000 (metal zipper tab).  I will wear a pair of Bates out in about 3 months. Finally broke down and purchased some more expensive boots to try to get better mileage. Might have the wife knit me a pair. I have 2 left feet.

The zippers are nylon,....

The zipper on mine is nylon but the part you grab and pull is metal. Can't honestly see that being a problem though.

• Like 1

I just bought these last week at Sierra Trading Post in Reno...

The 2300 or 500o didnt have a problem with them and they really felt good...like tennis shoes..

First thing i did was kick some softball sized rocks around with the toes and NO problem....

post-420-0-07732200-1426140927_thumb.jpg

Those Converse Rapid Response are the best boots I've run across as far as comfort and durability goes and the composite toe is awesome. Never gave me trouble on my 4500, and they have less metal than my 5-11's now which themselves don't give me trouble on the 7000. Bates are junk and don't stand up to every day abuse. had 2 pair go bad fairly quickly. I tried some 5-11's after reading Reebok was using cheaper materials when they bought that Converse Rapid Response model, but these 5-11's are definitely flimsier than the Converse and I'm going to give Reebok a chance now.

wow the Reebok look like a good boot, mite have to give them a go. iv had a pair of (docs boots) bates for a few years now just about dead but where good .time to get the reebok.

Paul,

They have shoes there to fit your size 17 feet! I'm use to seeing you barefooted...lol

Rick

The Reboks I got have no zipper and no metal...yeehaw! 

• Like 1

Hay Steve! Remember your over there where the ground is gently rolling hills, it's always a perfect 70 degrees, the sun is always shinning and gentle breezes blow.. I, on the other hand, detect cliff faces, precipices, chasms, crevasses, gullies, gulches, canyons, under my feet and over my head.

The 7000 is so sensitive it will pick up the dirt under my toenails.

Happy so far with Reebok.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By roustabout
      Steve, how about selling detector prospector hats with your logo and our username on them.  Would be very handy identifying others when out and about.  Also, what attire works best in the desert heat?  Watching videos I see all kinds of clothes worn but it's hard to tell the heat they're worn in.  I'm planning on going to the veterans outing in June as are others.  Would be nice to be able to recognize the others easily and to know what to wear for the weather. 
      Thanks, and love the form,
      Paul
    • By tvanwho
      What do you guys recommend for walking a creek where one encounters soft bottom pools that can be chest deep water and no way around it? I will be in a situation like this Labor day weekend and need to plan ahead? Need to get my little highbanker and camping gear past the spots too. Might float them in a large cement mixing tub with foam slabs bolted to the sides and a towrope but doubt it will support my 200 pounds too? Soft, gooey bottoms give me the willies as you can get stuck quite easy and nobody to help you?
      -Tom V.
    • By auminesweeper
      I just been reading on another forum about snake gators,

Do any of you wear them and do they work and who makes the toughest/Best ones you can Buy//

If you have photos etc please feel free to post them,

Thanks Everyone,,,  John
    • By kac
      Reminds me when I kept getting sporadic falsing and turned out to be my steel toe work shoes. At least I didn't dig for them. 

• By klunker
      I had a high speed blowout on one of my detecting boots yesterday but due to my amazing physical abilities and fast thinking I was able to maintain course and continue detecting.
      I'm a pretty even tempered, mellow kind of prospector and I keep my cool ,even when the world is collapsing down around my ears. So back to the subject at hand------------
      WHY ^%(&#@^!!* CAN'T SOME ^&%+)$&@& COME OUT WITH A ^%_)$!* PARE OF %&$#(#@ DETECTING BOOTS THAT WILL LAST FOR ONE &%$(%#!@ SEASON!?
      Thank you Dr. Herschbach for the therapy session. I feel much better now.
    • By Andy2640
      Apologies if im posting a lot, but im really into this hobby. 
      My finds arent stunning by any means, but it does show that this machine is very capable!  Its only a matter of time before the treasure is found, hehehehehe.
      Cheers Peeps!
      Edit: You may think this is a lot of finds for the amount of time ive been hitting it, but kindly take note, i was informed one location was the spot of an old wishing well.  LOL.
      Andy