Nox Carbon Fiber Rods

I had carbon fiber on my 3500 and 5000...the weight was not a significant change.  Mine was a three piece Herb made special for me, for traveling...unless you use your detector for a weed-wacker I do not see the need...

my ha'penny opinion...not worth 2 pennies

fred

• Like 1

I bought the Plugger CF shaft for two reasons.  First, to solve the wobbly stock shaft problem caused by the twist locks not able to tighten enough.  Second, two avoid the corrosion problem that saltwater can cause (actually, the corrosion problem would probably solve the wobbly shaft problem with time now that I think about it ? ).

I'd say the CF shaft is a little lighter than the stock aluminum shaft, but only slightly. Not enough to warrant spending the money for making the Nox lighter only.

Sept. 7 - weighed my 800 with 36” Plugger CF shaft = 2.8 lbs.    Minelab specs with stock shaft = 2.96 lbs.

• Like 3

I'm still waiting for something to become available in the UK for the nox.  The nox stock shaft isn't half bad as it is, but there is a tiny bit of wobble on the swing.  

So waiting for 2 things now for noxy, a carbon fibre shaft and the 15 inch coil.  

Ive always disliked waiting! ? 

• Like 1

I'll probably have a CF shaft for next year as I'm starting to get a wobble water hunting.  First I need to heat up the Armrest and bend it in for a tighter fit.  That will solve one of the comfort problems I have water hunting,

Saltwater hunting will blister the standard shaft even when you rinse carefully with freshwater after each immersion.

Those twist shaft locks grab and hold sand which is hard to remove and makes them difficult to use.

Carbon fibre tube with say a Plugger shaft lock (or similar) solves these beach hunters woes.

• Like 1

I’m having a small batch of carbon shafts CNC’d, they can be fully retracted and easily used for snorkeling/diving and easily chucked in the car but still goes full length ?

Obviously slop free too

if anyone is interested feel free to DM me, I think I can be competitive even for anyone overseas (I’m in Australia ??) ?

I purchased a Plugger Equinox 34" inch carbon fiber one piece shaft and I can say it feels a little lighter and very tight with no twist or movement. Very well made and his customer service is top notch. 

On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 1:00 AM, SDMiner said:

I purchased a Plugger Equinox 34" inch carbon fiber one piece shaft and I can say it feels a little lighter and very tight with no twist or movement. Very well made and his customer service is top notch. 

Nice. I assume then that this means from the coil to the cuff then? I ask because the picture on his website looks like there is a connector for the coil shaft rod. Thanks!

There is a connector - you use the original lower shaft + one carbon fiber instead of two. Otherwise you couldn't adjust the length :happy: