Holiday Weekend Gold

Lunk

6 hours ago, kiwijw said:

What Gold mode were you in with the Nox, 1 or 2? 

Kiwi, I was running in Gold Mode 2.

Man you really hammered them.....!!!!  Good job!  Heading over today for a couple hrs, I'll be down on the creek getting familiar with a new machine......

• Thanks 1

Lunk,

Earlier this year I borrowed Mike's Gold Monster and with the small coil was able to pick up those tiny pieces even better than with the Gold Bug 2.  The GM 1000's ergonomics are not so good, so I always revert back to the GB2.  As you said it is a really sensitive machine.  Good job with all those nuggets.

• Thanks 1

Great job Lunk - lots of nice gold bits!

I was recently running the Equinox with 6" and Gold Monster with 5" coils and as you noted was reminded again of what a great little machine the Gold Monster is. I tend to lean Equinox just because I am a control freak, and the Equinox offers more control. Yet the GM1000 does the job amazingly well with almost no controls at all. I think which has the edge is going to be very dependent on the location.

I am sure we both prefer larger gold, but any gold is way better than no gold, and as long as little gold is around I am almost guaranteed to not get skunked. The tiniest flake beats a skunk!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Dang Lunk that is a great haul.  Between you and Peg, there might not be much Idaho gold left next season for the new EQ-1000.  Or is that the GM-2000?  Either way, very good finds and glad you were able to have success with both.

• Thanks 1