Omg !!! Hammered Coin Found.

Andy2640

So (1/2 penny) * (472.29 modern pounds / ancient pound) * [1 ancient pound/(240 pennies)]  =

1 modern pound (approx.) equivalent value?

• Like 1

Randy,

What you provided is perfect.  Couldn't of hoped for better!

Got to say > This forum is the best forum ive ever been part of. Seriously, its a place full of decent, interesting and highly knowledgeable people.  Its rare and much appreciated.

Right im off detecting, laters peeps, and thanks.

• Like 2

Hi mate,

Oh nice, yeah i think i'll give it a shot. 

Cheers budski.

• Like 1

Here's my story as given to Minelab,  Be great if they published it.  TBH ... I'm not thinking about winning anything, i just like to share the story and give credit where it’s due.

Story as given to minelab:

"Hello fellow detectorists, I'm here to share a very special find with you all.  Ive been deploying the Equinox 800 now for about 3 months.  I'm new to detecting and this was my first detector.  After deep research and reading hundreds of posts on the forum - (Prospector detector.com) and others, I was soon realising that this machine is better than the rest. 

So the find > To date ive  already found hundreds of coins, mainly from the Victorian era, which includes lots of silver coins! Interestingly, ive already accumulated more in value from my finds, than my initial expenditure of the equinox itself, and that's one hell of a good feeling.

And so .....What happened 6 days ago was - without sounding too dramatic, life-changing, and has got me more hungry than ever for detecting. The day began  in a ploughed field and i was finding mostly buttons, when all of a sudden i came across a lovely little signal, clean, crisp and had the tell tale signs of being a coin. My heart was racing as soon as realised it was silver, but then the adrenaline kicked in when i discover it was a hammered silver penny!!  When i got home i went straight onto my favourite forum (Prospector detector.com) where incidentally you can find my initial find report).  The guys and gals there were over the moon in excitement for me, and after numerous replies giving me praise i came across a very "uniquely knowledgeable" forum member, who explained the coin was indeed a hammered penny, and specifically a Henry VI annulet issue halfpenny of the London Mint from his 1st reign > 1422 - 1430!!!  Oh boy oh boy! 

I am a coin collector primarily and this coin will never be sold, it now sits on my living room cabinet at home with the rest of my awesome finds.  Pictures attached.

This hobby has changed my life for the better, the exercise, fresh air, excitement, history we can touch and of course the social aspects of being part of a friendly community. 

A final Shout out also goes to the awesome
Minelab company and the prospector detector forum who have been part of this wonderful journey.

Now i'm out for the gold!!!

Thanks to you all. 

Andy
United Kindom
11/09/18

• Like 3

Great find!  Just SUPERB!  

Won't be finding anything like that here in the States, that's for sure!

Steve

• Like 1