How To Rollback Equinox To Previous Software

This information seems to have been left out of the update instructions.

When starting the software this is the first screen you see.

update-minelab-equinox-software-1.jpg

If you connect and have not updated you will see the new version offered up automatically. If you have already done the update you will see this screen. In either case, look carefully in the lower corners. There is an info screen accessed in the lower left corner (a tiny "i" in a circle) and in the lower right there are three small dots that access the rollback menu.

update-minelab-equinox-software-2.jpg

The rollback screen looks like this (shipping software version 1.5.0)

update-minelab-equinox-rollback-facility.jpg

You can switch between versions as often as you wish.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Thanks, Steve.

1.5.0 to 1.7.5 - quite a step :happy:

very good to  know. I was a software developer for many years. One time we sent out an update to our 3,000 customers and within a week all 3,000 want to go back to the previous version which was MS-DOS. The new version which didn't work very well was our first attempt at converting to the first version of MS Windows which was Windows 1.0. Boy was windows 1.0 very screwed up release of windows. The engineers rushed out windows 1.0 to compete with Apple. So it is good to know we have a rollback option.

I was planning to wait a week or so to see how this Equinox update did not screw up something else which is always possible.

On 9/6/2018 at 6:08 AM, maxxkatt said:

very good to  know. I was a software developer for many years. One time we sent out an update to our 3,000 customers and within a week all 3,000 want to go back to the previous version which was MS-DOS. The new version which didn't work very well was our first attempt at converting to the first version of MS Windows which was Windows 1.0. Boy was windows 1.0 very screwed up release of windows. The engineers rushed out windows 1.0 to compete with Apple. So it is good to know we have a rollback option.

I was planning to wait a week or so to see how this Equinox update did not screw up something else which is always possible.

LOL!  I remember when tens of thousands of folks went back to Windows 3.11 after the dismal failure of Windows 95!  I stuck with Windows grudgingly until they forced Vista on us. Convinced me to try Mac OS, and I've never looked back! ?