Copper Arrowhead Found

BigSkyGuy

The Indians on the west coast didn't make refined metals, only once the Spanish and Russians got here early on did they trade for metal trade items.  

Very cool find. From Jackson Hole I bought an old pawn Native American Bow with one arrow that had a metal arrowhead and tied with sinew. That was 46 years ago and it was already old.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BeachHunter said:

Very cool find. From Jackson Hole I bought an old pawn Native American Bow with one arrow that had a metal arrowhead and tied with sinew. That was 46 years ago and it was already old.

Do you have a picture that you could post? It would be interesting to see one intact. Thanks

• Like 1

I found this metal arrowhead in western Colorado while multi-day backpacking  in search of Spanish treasure.  I had a lightly modified Gold Bug Pro strapped to my arm and was swinging willy nilly as I walked along.  I never would have chosen the spot to detect, but I had grown accustomed to swinging the GBP all day long wherever I was.  I found no other metal objects in the area.

I'm told the arrowhead dates to the mid 1800's.

Metal arrowhead.jpg

• Like 4

Thanks.  I didn't think much about it when finding the arrowhead, but it turned out to be the coolest thing I found on that trip other having a great time.  I like your arrowheads!