2018 West Oz Pilbara Trip

2 hours ago, phrunt said:

Thanks for the post, nice big gold like we are used to seeing from oz ?

ahhh they even have a big Galah, I didn't know that, Australia is into their "big" things, including nuggets. I remember The Big Pineapple and The Big Lawn Mower seeing I lived in Qld ?

The aussies on the forum are making me used to seeing big gold, it doesn't surprise me anymore!!

Thanks phrunt, yeah I think the americans would laugh at our big monuments. The big Potato at Robertson is my favourite. It just looks like a big T##d.

By the way, I am waiting for  you or kiwi to find the biggest recorded nugget in New Zealand. The "Honourable Roddy Nugget" is the biggest and was only 99 ounces. I am sure you guys can beat that. I await the write upon and images on this forum. :biggrin: 

Fabulous story and photos - thank you very much for sharing them RedDirtDigger! For a long time it was stories and photos like that that drove the dream of finding gold in Australia. Unfortunately such stories are becoming rarer and its is nice to see it can still be done. Congratulations, as I am sure much effort went into your success!

• Like 3

RDD,

My wife and I looked at this a few hours ago when you posted it.  What a nice trip.

She loves specimens.  Many of those will clean up very nicely but alas they may already be crushed.

Here is to your next trip.

Mitchel