2018 West Oz Pilbara Trip

The beauty of natural gold is incredible.  Each each has its own flavor and story to tell.  Most appreciative of allow us your experience, story and  prizes to see.  Hope you continue to have such success.

Thanks for the comments and praise members. An update,  while I am keeping some of the nice pendant pieces  I have sent a 570 gram parcel to the refiner. The gold from this trip had many different shades and I had a suspicion  that some of the nugget runs contained a lot of silver.

The (reliable and accurate )results came back at 86.32% gold and 11.93% silver.

Happy hunting, RDD

gold of diff purity.jpeg

• Like 6

RDD,

Thanks again for the info.  Refining has to be the way of it to pay the bills and split the take.  Good you saved some for jewelry also.

You mentioned you had found some undetected areas that did produce.

The thought of that for me causes a bit of quandary.  How much time do I spend on this spot with all the other spots I still have on the list?

Do you speed up hunting an area like that or slow down?  Would there be more surface gold or would you seek out the deeper, larger bits in that type of area?

Mitchel

• Like 1

Nice gold, hard work I'm sure but sounds like fun, I'd love to spend 8 weeks just looking for gold. Thanks for the story and picks.