Darn It! Pro-find 35 Lost Its Voice

Andy2640

Anyone had the problem of their pro-find 35 losing its bleeping audio?  Still got the vibrations and hence some resonance sound, but its as if ive gone deaf, which evidently i haven't.

Is this serious?

Thanks, Andy.

I've also had a problem in winter when it was below zero. If the temperature is above zero degrees C, then I have no problem ... IN winter temperature was below zero Celsius - I only used vibration ..

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Andy2640 said:

Anyone had the problem of their pro-find 35 losing its bleeping audio?  Still got the vibrations and hence some resonance sound, but its as if ive gone deaf, which evidently i haven't.

Is this serious?

Thanks, Andy.

Hi Andy,

You could try this: with pinpointer switched OFF, press  the  "+" and while holding this button, switch ON the pinpointer. This should enable sound AND vibration. The pinpointer will "remember" this setting.

To go to vibrations-only again... use the same procedure (starting in switched OFF position and press and hold "--" while switching ON. 

Hope this will be the solution for you.

Saturday, my own Pro-Find 35 (only 3 hunts and my first waterhunt with it) kept on beeping/vibrating. Not possible even to shut it off. While opening the battery compartment, to try to reset it, water came out of there. Upon closer inspection I saw two cracks lengthwise  in the black probe part. Never "dug" with it, never twisted it or let it drop and always used a new/spare rubber cap from my Deteknix Xpointer on the tip. So I have no idea what caused those cracks. I'm waiting for the response of the dealer to my email. I really like this pinpointer and I hope it will be replaced soon. :smile:

Good luck and greetings,

Bob'ke

• Like 1

I had mine just start indicating in mid air. Wouldn't stop.  It was weak too. I contacted Minelab and they had me ship it back. They emailed me a pick up ticket and it took a total of 6 days and my new one was in the house. Great customer service. I have tried the new one a couple of times and it seems better. Nice pin pointer, just a little finicky at times with the iron indicator on. I still have my Garrett Carrot that I use the most. Email Minelab directly and let them know what is going on. They are quick to respond. Happy Hunting everyone.

Mark

• Thanks 1

DId you try changing the battery, mine started acting up as the battery got low, new one fixed it.

Are you guys getting much use out of the Iron function?  I find it does the weird chirp when far away but detecting the object, gets steady as it gets closer, then if ferrous it goes chirpy again, but usually by that time I've dug it out and am going to see what it is anyway.  Maybe it's just another thing a newbie has to train their ear for, but doesn't seem to be a big benefit to me.  Otherwise I have been happy with it though.

• Thanks 1

Thanks everyone.  After advice from you all i have solved the issue.  I'd clearly pressed or held a button too long, putting it into a sound lock.  I never knew it had this feature, but it reminds me of my laptop, which in the past i'd pressed or held a series of buttons too long (by accident) which locks certain functions.  

All solved now, so thank you all kindly.

The pro-find was my first pin  pointer, after watching many reviews and tests it seemed to be the best choice out there,  and i havnt been disappointing.  On the contrary its been invaluable,  and without it,  i'd certainly struggle to find the targets.

As for the non/ferrous  discrimination tones,  i have found it to be "EXCELLENT".  Thinking about it, i dont think its ever failed to correctly id a target.  Sometimes when your at a distance from the target it may give an element of doubt, but when close enough to it, it never fails.

I was thinking recently of getting the carrot, but after second thoughts on the matter, i see no need whatsoever to do so.

Highly recomended piece of kit.  10/10.

Andy.

• Like 1

On 9/10/2018 at 1:52 PM, Bob'ke said:

Saturday, my own Pro-Find 35 (only 3 hunts and my first waterhunt with it) kept on beeping/vibrating. Not possible even to shut it off. While opening the battery compartment, to try to reset it, water came out of there. Upon closer inspection I saw two cracks lengthwise  in the black probe part. Never "dug" with it, never twisted it or let it drop and always used a new/spare rubber cap from my Deteknix Xpointer on the tip. So I have no idea what caused those cracks. I'm waiting for the response of the dealer to my email. I really like this pinpointer and I hope it will be replaced soon. :smile:

Good luck and greetings,

Bob'ke

My first real attempt to use the PF35 in a lake also ended filled up with water inside and a constant beeping/vibrating. Don't remember dropping it or doing anything forceful with it at all.  By the solid feel of it you would think it's bullet proof. Could only see maybe a seam pin hole, not sure. Cap was really tight to take off.  After days trying to let it dry out for not,  I finally called service and they called back with an RMA the next day.  They were really nice about it.  Just before sending back, i tested it one last time and it seemed to work again.  I'm not sure how many days drying total but it seems to have finally dried out enough to briefly work.  However I could still see water in the light area and i would like a working water unit so I sent it in.   I had looked up Minelab America/service to call direct about it.  They sent a link to attain a shipping label. 

I hope we both get them back soon.  I like having more then one button.  The carrot works but I keep hitting the one button too many times.  Plus and minus works so much easier.

When sending it back I also noticed on the box it says made in Ireland and that surprised me. I had assumed Australia or Malaysia.  Might need a trip to Ireland to tour a Pro Find factory and do some detecting where there is more history.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, JustSwell said:

Got the replacement profind35 today so the battle between the carrot and 35 continues.  Hope you got yours going or replaced soon.

Hi JustSwell,

Hope this new one stays waterproof for you. 

Even after drying mine still keeps sounding off a high pitched continuous beep. None of the buttons work anymore.

Have contacted by email the seller (in France) 2 times now, but haven't received any answer yet. I supose they were to busy with their trip to Detectival in the UK. This weekend there will be a large detection rally in France, so I am not very hopefull to receive an answer this week either. ?

Will try one more time next week.

Have also a second option: to contact Minelab in Ireland...

Luckily my old trusty Xpointer still works well, but no waterhunts for the time being. ?

Greetings,

Bob'ke