Rye Patch Nugget Shoot 2018 - Come See The Elephant

tboykin

Hey guys! White's Electronics will be attending the Rye Patch Nugget Shoot this weekend. We'll be donating a Goldmaster 24k as a prize at the event.

Also, thanks to the team putting this on we will have a test garden at the event to demo the Goldmaster 24k. This is where you can get your hands on it, swing it over buried targets, and maybe even find some real gold! We won't be renting an airplane to skydive out of, but I may tuck and roll out of my '96 Suburban for the sake of showmanship.

This event is free to the public, put on by the GPAA of Northern Nevada, Parks Department, and other groups. It's one of my favorite organized hunts in the USA. More information.

Here's an idea of what the event is like (video from 2016) - 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I have had several forum members contact me wondering if I would be out for the event. The truth is I have done countless numbers of these things as part of my job over the last 45 years so it's not something I dream about! :smile: Still, it would be nice to put some faces to names and so I just volunteered to be a helper for Tom all day Saturday. I will be helping demo White's detectors and answering questions about them and nugget detecting in general. I do know the coin machines also so whatever you want to know about White's detectors, I am sure you will find answers at Rye Patch!

Just posted - My Detailed Review Of White's New Goldmaster 24K

whites-goldmaster-24k-with-10-inch-coil.
White's Goldmaster 24K

• Like 6

15 hours ago, tboykin said:

but I may tuck and roll out of my '96 Suburban for the sake of showmanship.

The problem is we all want to see this now so I hope you follow through with it  ?

Steve, very nice of you to volunteer.  Tom probably has the most overly qualified 'volunteer' he'll ever have!!  And if the 'tuck and roll' does eventuate please have a camera at the ready  ?

nice to finally meet you steve,  good to see you again tom. that is a fun hunt, found a token this year(my third year) and a buffalo nickle. my friend found two tokens(gave one to someone who struck out), and 4 buffalos. this a fun hunt in beautifull scenery.

IMG_0054[1].JPG

IMG_0063[1].JPG

• Like 7

We had a nice time at the Rye Patch nugget shoot. A big thanks for all of the people that worked and put the shoot on.  It was nice to see Steve H. again. We had a good talk and I got to try out the 24K White. Some machine. I might have to think about one of these to put in my detector collection.

• Like 5

It was nice meeting you guys as well. Steve is a stand-up guy, and his help was much appreciated! That first swarm of people in the morning was nuts with everyone trying to get a turn at swinging the new Goldmaster 24k. I took a bunch of photos, here is the lucky guy who found the nugget we hid!

DSC09798.JPG

• Like 7