Rye Patch Nugget Shoot 2018 - Come See The Elephant

tboykin

It was great seeing faces old and new out at the hunt - pretty amazing event with about 400 people in attendance. The hunt area is HUGE! The clubs get kudos for putting on such a great event and it was nice to see all the kids that were attracted to their first detecting experience. Again, nice seeing you all!

Tom and I snuck off at first opportunity and yesterday we running the Goldmaster 24K around on some old beat patches. The big stuff is about gone but little nuggets remain for hot detectors like the 24K. I managed to snag these four little bits, 7 grains total, largest piece 3.8 grains using the 6" concentric. Nice, easy running machine. The XGB multiple point ground tracking does seem to offer smoother operation with at least some combinations of hot rocks and ground. The place we were at is medium alkali ground with two particular hot rocks that trouble machines and the 24K ran great in this type of scenario.

gold-found-whites-goldmaster-24k-herschbach.jpg

• Like 8

28 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Did you end up doing your tuck and roll out of your car? I do hope so and I assume someone's going to upload the video to youtube to show us all ?

Thankfully I left the beer at home so this did not happen.

• Haha 2

On 9/12/2018 at 7:18 PM, Northeast said:

And the elephant?  What's that all about?  ?

I was in the same boat as you Northeast. When I read "Come See The Elephant", my first thought was Rye Patch must be somewhere near this guy.

hartz 3.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 5