Can Anyone Recommend A Decent Sand Scoop

Dan(NM)

I'm in the process of moving to Texas and will be very close to Lake Travis. I need to add to my gear a decent sand scoop for fresh water hunting, can someone recommend one that won't break the bank.  I'm not sure what type of soil/sand/dirt I'm going to encounter, so, I may have to wait until I get over there later this month, thanks.

• The title was changed to Can Anyone Recommend A Decent Sand Scoop

18 minutes ago, Ridge Runner said:

Hey Dsn

Take s look at what White’s has to offer. I’d say the price is affordable for anyone.

Chuck

Are they worth a darn Chuck?

I"m thinking of a scoop for creeks around where I live and found this one that looks very sturdy for rocky/gravel bottoms:

https://www.nuttallenterprises.com/products/copy-of-diamond-head-48-stainless-beach-scoop-yellow-grip-handle

I asked a fellow member on the FMDF who has one and he thinks it's a great scoop for tough conditions.  

Dan

I was thinking about getting one but to say how great that’s a unknown factor.I do have their digging tool that’s has a cutting edge on both sides and I like it better than anything I’ve had before.

Chuck

PS That digging tool was 20 dollars less than the one I already had. That one sand scoop with the short handle is the one I wanted . So if you buy it that one and don’t like it let me know. I’ll take it off your hands

I ordered one from ebay. The seller is in the Ukraine. Taxes and shipping all in it was just over100 bucks. I have had no problems with it so far. He also has a few different sizes and models. Basically half the price of other scoops on the market.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/HEXAHEDRON-10-Beach-Sand-Scoop-Metal-Detector-Hunting-Tool-Stainless-Steel/182198075230?hash=item2a6bd9ff5e:g:LkwAAOSwXeJXfkXQ

Stealth scoop.  Stealth.com. Bought the 7” one with the smaller holes in the back to trap the smaller targets.  Bought a replacement hoe handle at Home Depot for the handle for about $9 plus a few bucks for some spray spar varnish.  Did some minor belt sanding to fit the handle to the scoop.  Have used it in fresh & saltwater, dry & wet sand & small gravel.  Wouldn'trecommend using it (or any other scoop) in rocks.  It's holding up very well.

I recently purchased a Quest Scoopal. I chose it mainly because it has a chisel point on it and it's available with a break-down aluminum handle. It's still being shipped so I haven't been able to field test it yet.

712y+FAhfgL__SX425_.jpg