Equinox 6" Coil Finds Extremely Small Gold

Condor

I tested the 11" coil last winter with some test nuggets and a couple undug targets I located with the Z7000.  They were in the .5 gram range and rang up consistently in the +8 to +10 range.  As you may recall the bump sensitivity of the 11" drove me batsh__t crazy so I really didn't use it much after that.  I did test a .5 grammer this morning with the 6" coil.  I laid it on some fairly hot ground, but still was not much more than an air test.  It screamed loud and clear, consistently showing +8 VID at about 6" above the target.  I should be able to get out for a couple hrs over the next few days.  I'll try to find a good target with the Z then follow up with the NOX. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Since we are comparing the 6" to the 11" for me 11" -- 5 nuggets (one nice specimen), 6" --- 0.

I've learned how to pinpoint with the edge of the 11".

Mitchel

On 9/13/2018 at 5:37 AM, phrunt said:

Back with the 11" these bits for sure would of been in the 1 to 2 range but with the 6" they all appear to go up higher.  Any gold I've found since having the 6" coil has been VDI numbers 3 to 8 and I am sure if I was lucky enough to find a slightly bigger bit it would go even higher.

Haven’t got the 6” yet and have just found my first bit of gold with the 11” (2 days ago). 

This little speci...

078BA79D-D820-4A39-B7AB-BA1BA11EB47F.thumb.jpeg.bb5e29d23dcd3ff0ae9ef62942b4dcd7.jpeg

Showed up as a constant 5 on the display which surprised me. Thought there must have been a significant amount inside but when cracked open...1F3AF7A7-B8DB-4BC3-A887-7E172C0CEF64.thumb.jpeg.4873e7c700a93daf32b3c5b7a5d9a882.jpeg

It was more than was originally showing but not much. The second photo is with the flash on and you can see the little tiny specks of gold through the quartz besides the main piece. Also smashed and panned the rest of the quartz and got the 2 little flakes in the pan to the left of the speci. 

Whether it is the quantity or the type of gold the VDI above 1 or 2 surprised me.  As with all things detecting, there are no hard and fast rules...unfortunately  ?

• Like 2