Any Canadian Detector Prospectors?

Alluminati

I live in Whitehorse Yukon, there really isn't many areas to detect in the Dawson gold field area, any gold bearing land is claimed, usually a lot of overburden has to be removed to get to bedrock. The tailings are either claimed or Parks Canada land. The free claim on Bonanza Creek is just tailings that have been worked more than once. Detectors are not allowed anyhow.                                                                                                                                                                                      Atlin BC probably is a better choice, still most good land is claimed, I know detectors have found gold on Atlin claims after the overburden has been removed. The free claim at Spruce Creek has a lot of tailings, but detectors are not allowed which doesn't make sense, detecting has the least environmental impact compared to any other mining method including panning.                                                                                                                                                                      There is a great book called GOLD PANNING IN BRITISH COLUMBIA by Jim Lewis and Susan Campany. A great book and guide, I would love to take a summer off in a Motor Home and visit these spots.                                                          Here is a recent video from Vancouver Island showing a great nugget find with a detector.         

MTB Rider, good to know there's another Yukoner on this forum. I'm also in Whitehorse.

• Like 1

I plan on taking trips to Arizona in the winter in the future to prospect, detect, pan etc. and ride mountain/Fat bikes, I think it has a great combination of a perfect winter climate and lots of things to do and see. I Kayaked the Colorado River 20 yrs ago and just loved the geology of the state.