Concentric Coil For Equinox 800?

Desert Dawg

18 minutes ago, Alluminati said:

The GoFind isnt a pulse induction.

Um, exactly, that's why we are wondering why the coil looks like it does.  It does not look like a DD nor a concentric.  It looks like the pseudo mono thing discussed above.  In other words, it has to be dual windings but not in the traditional concentric coil configuration we are used to seeing.

minelab-go-find-60.jpg

The GoFind looks like a concentric, or a DD turned 90°. Squarecentric. The support in the middle could be part of the coil.

The term mono is usually reserved for Pulse Induction, it's the only modern machine I am aware of that can use one because the TX and RX happen at different times.

9 minutes ago, Alluminati said:

The GoFind looks like a concentric, or a DD turned 90°. Squarecentric. The support in the middle could be part of the coil.

The term mono is usually reserved for Pulse Induction, it's the only modern machine I am aware of that can use one because the TX and RX happen at different times.

Lol. Deja vu all over again.    We know it's not a mono because it's not a PI so we were speculating on what it could be because it looks like a two-winding "mono" as described in the Garrett tech document I quoted two posts back (but more accurately described as a square coaxial coil with the two windings co-located vs. separated as in a traditional concentric/coaxial).  I also considered that the supports were part of the coil, but a DD 90° sideways can't work because detectorists naturally swing side-to-side, so in that orientation it would be like taking a normal DD and pushing it back and forth like a rake.  Not very effective.  They coud be "squarecentric" as you put it but concentric/coaxial coils usually maintain symmetry by keeping the inner and outer coils a set distance from each other.  I am pretty sure they are just supports.  My money is on the co-located outer Tx/inner Rx windings (dubbed psuedo mono by Steve).

The Garret article you are referring to talks about mono's in relation to pulse induction, it says so in your quote. Garret wouldn't call the GoFind a mono, because both coils are in simultaneous operation.

The looks don't mean anything. If you took that dual winding mono coil picture you quoted and put it on an IB machine like the GoFind, it would be a concentric.