With The 11" Coil In Iron You Really Don't Know...

Jackpine

With the 11" coil you  don't realize how much iron you actually are dealing with.  It takes the 6"er to tell the tale of how bad the iron contamination really is. 

Hunting the same areas with the 6" coil previously hit with the 11" it was an eye opener to realize how bad the iron actually is.  Whereas the 11" blends many iron sounds together as one, the 6" separates them out.  The difference is akin to a Gatling gun vs a mini chain gun.  well almost but I hope I made my point.

Iron sounds with the 11"

latest.jpg.6bb3f5fd4c463df3e375e4a19c492159.jpg

iron sounds over the exact same spot using the 6" coil

HH-3-minigun-vietnam-19681710.jpg.f79fe2e2edc581de9c2989c993ba56ca.jpg

Are you really hunting slow enough?

• Like 2

"Get some!"

No argument here.  That's pretty much the point of getting the 6" (besides using it in a restricted swing situation like corn stubble or in thick vegitstion).  Of course, I would scan the site with the larger coil(s) to cherry pick and scope out where the high density ferrous and nonferrous concentrations are.  That being said, I can get machine gun responses on the 11" coil too at high recovery speeds.  It's really a matter of having less targets under the coil to reduce coil edge effects from interfering than separation, though, strictly speaking.  Right tool for the job, yep.

• Like 1

Great scene for what it was.

My late brother flew gunships over there but never talked about it much except for the funny sh*t

31 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

"Get some!"

No argument here.  That's pretty much the point of getting the 6" (besides using it in a restricted swing situation like corn stubble or in thick vegitstion).  Of course, I would scan the site with the larger coil(s) to cherry pick and scope out where the high density ferrous and nonferrous concentrations are.  That being said, I can get machine gun responses on the 11" coil too at high recovery speeds.  It's really a matter of having less targets under the coil to reduce coil edge effects from interfering than separation, though.

I could debate that, but it's probably akin to how many fairies can dance on the head of a pin so no point really.

• Like 1

It's just a smaller pin head.  Lol. 

Side-to-side across then DD active coil region, the center spine is approximately the same thickness, between the two coils, but obviously, shorter in length with the 6" coil. That's how wiggle off works similarly between the two coils, you just have to pull the six inch coil a shorter distance (3 - 6" heel to toe vs. 5 to 11") off the target.  So if you are oriented correctly, with the multiple targets lined up left-to-right in front of you will get the same machine gun effect with either coil due to the fast recovery speed of the Equinox.  The problem is when those same 5 or 6 targets are lined up front-to-back in front of you, then obviously more targets will be under the 11" coil active region giving you a "flutey" signal depending on their composition when you pass the coil center spine over the target line.  Whereas you may only have 1 or 2 under the 6" coil active coil when you swing across them giving you perhaps a cleaner signal.  In real life, however, targets are rarely lined up in a nice straight line but scattered in random shotgun patterns,  so that is where coil edge sensitivity comes into play as some of these random dense groups of targets will end up under the coil spine and edges giving a similar flutey signal (that is how coin spills typically sound).  The  6" coil is less susceptible simply because fewer targets can reside underneath it vs. the 11".

• Like 1

Separation....6 "coil  has a about 3cm wide- snapshot RX window -it helps,, .. 11" has  RX window wide 4.5cm ...Test - when I compared it a quick separating 6 "coils - I put in one row 6-7 pieces 10-eurocent coins per 1.5cm from each other .. and increased recovery speed - at 4 is in this test . relatively slow .. but at 6,7,8 it's gatling ...:wink:  ..I was surprised , how fast is Equinox ...

september 4 2018 iphone 5S 024_DxO.jpg

• Like 3