A Round Whatzit

Sure thing.

So with the sand removed from the inside, it now weighs 8.5 grams.

The interesting thing is that there is something inside that seems to be bigger then the sugar sand that came out. It doesn't however seem large enough to be a clacker for a bell. The more I shake it, the more sand I get in my ear.
It sounds like a tiny spring rolling around in there, maybe its a bit of solder.

with coin.jpg

Thanks for that.  Hate to say it but its got me stumped too.

• 1 month later...

Well I’ve got some old rag mags of Treasure Hunting waiting on some one. The trouble here is who knows if anyone gets it right.

Chuck 

that's it! it's a dingle berry!

Disclaimer - I have no actual idea. 

Rather than being a bell itself, could it suspend inside a bell via thin wire or thread (hence the groove)?  This dangly thing is called the clapper or uvula of a bell. 

The one pictured looks thin and light but at 8.5 grams that is a decent bit of weight (I'd be happy with an 8.5 gram nugget :biggrin:).

Just a thought  ?

Well guys this may be the one we’ll never know.  The trouble is if one got it right we wouldn’t know it .

When you call it a unknown and can live with it let me know.

What I’ll do is put all the names who played in a pot and draw from that . We’ll call them them the winner.

Ok ?

Chuck 

Hey Northeast  

If you win I’ll have to hand carry to you. The trip is going to be hard on me so do you think you could put me up for a month ?haha

The Best !

Chuck