Diy Equinox One Piece Straight Shaft

Alluminati

Here is the polyethylene version finished. I am happy with how it turned out.

Now that I have a benchmark, I may revisit the Nylon version in the future with a bit of cooling, but that is neither here nor there, this version is very serviceable IMO.

Tonight after work I think I'll start working on the end caps.

Cuff1.jpg

Cuff 2.jpg

• Like 3

What an interesting thread. Great work and attention to detail. If you ever get to the point of selling them, let me know. But for now I have inadvertently solved the problem of a wobbly shaft and the adjustment problem as well. You see if you do not clean your stock shaft after each beach use, it seizes up and you will never get it to come apart....ask me I know :laugh:…...:angry:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I suppose I could make a few. I debated real hard about just giving the STL files away, or selling water marked files but it's too hard to control the CC license IMO on an international level. That is why I stay away from that type of stuff. I couldn't really stomach seeing someone else selling them for profit.

There are others here selling shafts and such, so I didn't really want to just give stuff away that would directly compete with them either. I respect the effort and cost they layed out, whatever that may be.

It's probably hard for average 3D printers to accept who are used to getting files for free, but for me its potentially another tool to manufacture ideas, which takes time and experience and is also how I make money. For years and even now, I have to more or less give away hours of re-design, simply because it makes everything works smoother for others. Less conceptual and more of a working drawing. Now I get paid something it, before it was on my usually on own time, regardless it was/is never as profitable as the person who makes the original design, they pay us. lol.

I'm in the same boat, some of the coolest files I've found online are not free. 

This is just me kinda thinking out loud for those wondering why I wouldn't post the STL files. It's not that I don't trust the first person I give them too, I don't trust the people they give it too, I don't trust their physical printers as many run hardware/firmware from unknown sources or use things like Octoprint without securing it, sharing their files with everyone. Somebody could use a search engine like Shodan and access the print files of thousands of unsecured printers. While most of it is useless Benchys and figurines etc, you can be sure anything good has been stolen.

My printers are currently not network enabled although I'll admit I'm guilty of using some of the SD cards that came with them from time to time.
The printer I am currently building will be an online device with a web-server, though it will be Ethernet only and behind and be secured on a localized network to the best of my ability.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 10/8/2018 at 4:45 PM, Alluminati said:

Thanks Steveg. ?

Alright I have the test cuff on there. It already feels better, especially with the strap on there, though I will probably be taking the strap off as I don't really need/use them if the cuff fits reasonably well. Either way I guess.

There is a bit of rain here and there, but I think I am going to go try it out out in the water.

Test cuff.jpg

Hello

Is it possible to buy some stl files for the minelab 800

15 hours ago, MadEd said:

Hello

Is it possible to buy some stl files for the minelab 800

Here's a bunch of free STLs for the 600/800 and more:

Minelab STL Files