Nokta Anfibio Versus Minelab Equinox

EnglandsHistory Published on Sep 15, 2018

“This is just an initial look at the capabilities of the NEW Anfibio multi.. The results are from just one test, in one location in clean soil conditions. looks great out the box, will do more vids to see if performance is good in all scenarios.”

Nokta/Makro Anfibio Multi Data & User Reviews

Minelab Equinox 800 Data & User Reviews

It’s nothing wrong with a detector that can detect deep but give me a detector that can give the correct ID at that depth. The detector may sound off great at depth but who said I want to go around digging holes at 14 inches deep just to see what it is. If it’s on the beach in nice soft sand I’ll do it . You put me in rocky ground that’s a big no .

Chuck

• Like 2

What's the difference between the Anfibio Multi and the Makro Multi Kruzer? Seems to be just IP rating, which does matter to a guy like me since I'm getting into underwater detecting. This machine would be of interest to me if I understand how deep underwater it can go. And that pinpointer...wow, I love it, and I will own it. In any case, I wouldn't look at any single or single selectable as a replacement for the Equinox. There's no substitute for true Multi in many circumstances, no matter how many superfluous single frequencies are offered (Deus et. al.) or how deep they are in some soil conditions (Makro, Fisher et. al.). But this machine might be a welcome addition for some applications if it's as good as it looks to be. 

• Like 1

IP rating is 5 meters, which is the same as the multi-Kruzer. So I'm confused as to what purpose the machine serves other than portability and integration of product lines maybe. Other than that I can't tell what sets it apart. I would love to know the price though. 

I think they had two separate product lines that overlapped a lot. With the two companies integrating more closely the lineup will be oddball as many models get dropped and what is left merging. Anfibio and Multi Kruzer were probably conceived back when the plan was to keep the two companies more separate. What you have is two different ways of doing nearly the same thing. Buyers will vote with their pocketbooks, and one design path will survive, the other die off.

• Like 1

They haven't built one for me yet.  Always something inherently wrong with every one I have use.  Blendy/Bleedy audio, while some can deal with it I can't.  Give me lightning fast audio (Nox) with the beautiful soft warble on deep tough intermingled targets any day.

MK..  What?  The ergonomics are terrible with that top heavy pod.  My buddy brought his to a hunt for me to try and after picking it up and swinging it a couple times went right for the Nox.  Who cares if it has good performance if it's that off in ergo. It's like trying to swing a detector with a pendulum mounted above the grip.

Just my opinions.

Tom

If the Multi Kruzer with three selectable frequencies, waterproof to 15 feet, and integrated wireless for $749 is overpriced then some U.S. manufacturers have some explaining to do. If Makro makes nothing worth $350 then a couple U.S. manufacturers makes nothing worth more than a couple hundred bucks.

Nokta and Makro together have moved faster than any company in the business. Their early models were third world models. The latest meet or exceed product made by some “industry leaders” and they are poised to pass up companies that have basically done nothing for ten years. Up next - a true multifrequency device.

waterproof-metal-detector-roundup-chart-by-price.jpg

• Like 6

I know that I started out with a bias against Makro/Nokta. Having a soft spot for First Texas, the design borrowing, bordering on outright imitation of the Racer series seemed obvious to me. Then their obsession with targeting the depth of the F75 LTD in development of the Impact added to my opinion that they were trying to climb into the industry on the back of First Texas' hard work and R+D. As a person who buys, sells, and trades any machine I can get my hands on and keeping the ones I like, I never took to any of their products. They were simply a revolving door set of products to me. There still to this day don't seem to be any currently available that I feel the need to own aside from the imaging machines which is an area other manufacturers better be paying attention to. If there's any area Makro/Nokta leads, it is there, and already!!!

That brings me to my overall point. They are making strides that are hard not to notice. They are improving on the morphing of the Impact in ways that are hard to ignore. As an Anfibio it is tempting to me in ways it wasn't before. The pinpointer nearly has me sold on the innovation alone. And although I suspect they may find that simultaneous multifrequency is a whole different ballgame and a lot more difficult to bring to a finished product than they might expect, I am beginning to believe they can do it.

Once they go there, and if it brings something new or improved to the table they will be impossible to ignore. It'll certainly make me wonder what has been wrong over at First Texas for so long. At this point, to my knowledge only 3 companies have "simultaneous" multi. Out of those Minelab is the only current creator. Whites has struggled since the V3i/VX3 nearly 10 years ago and Fishers machines are CZs from the 90s. Look on the DIY market for a home brew multi diy kit. You won't find one. You'll find VLF and PI, but nothing for multi. Tells you just how daunting it is. The idea that Makro may be on the verge already should be jaw dropping. Deus doesn't even have it. Garret doesn't have it etc.  

• 5 months later...

You're just as likely to hit a 3ft deep bobby pin with your Tejon! Seriously, none of these will hit a bobby pin (in perfect low mineralization dirt or sand) much past 1 foot. I tried out a Tejon for awhile. I liked the Vaquero and ground balanced modded Cibola better, but that's just me. 

The Anfibio isn't going anywhere. I'd say the Kruzer would be just as likely to go bye bye. Lots of new Nokta Makro machines on the horizon. I would question your dealer's motives for saying that.

The Equinox is a great (not perfect) detector. Set up for your conditions and abilities it will do very well on most targets down to a foot with good ID and tones. It does very well in my poor soil conditions. The Kruzer is a lot more noisy where I hunt (even in 3 tones) but it has good ID and audio accuracy too. Quest Pro is a good (not great detector) and has some patent issues still ongoing. The Deus/Orx are awesome detectors for a target tone oriented person. I found the display almost impossible to read most of the time but that is just my 64 year old eyes probably. I like to see the numbers and depth, etc. and I like lots of audio indications too. The Equinox fits my hunting needs very well.

Jeff

• Like 2

I have both the Multi Kruzer as well as the Equinox 800.

The Multi Kruzer and Racers have been excellent for me in heavy iron!  The largest drawback of the Equinox line is the lack of coil selection.  How's that concentric 7" coil work on your Equinox?  How about a 5"x10" that's been asked for since before the Equinox was even released?  Their simply different tools for different jobs, there's a massive coil selection available for the Multi Kruzer, including after market coils.  And then there's the Equinox with all of three coils, (all DDs) to choose from. 

Don't get me wrong,  I've had nothing but success with my EQ800, but so too have I from the Racers, Impact, and Multi Kruzer hunting in iron infested ghost towns, stage stops, Spanish outposts, etc. 

• Like 6